Car filter problems on bike??

bladeofgrace

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been reading all the different threads about using car oil filters on bikes as well as the research that was done on filter media and bypass valves. I can read all day until I'm blue in the face. My real question is how have the car filters been working for everyone? Could several of you list how many miles you've put on your bike with these car filters? Additionally, if anyone has had any major mechanical problems from using a car oil filter on your bike please make a comment.

Thanks,

Blade

I have used car filters for the last 8+ years on various bikes. I average 10K - 12K miles per year. No oil related issues.

I've used purolator pure ones on two of my bikes with no problems. I put a few thousand on my honda and over 5k miles on my r6 with no problems. I'll also be using them on my fz6 too as soon as I change the oil in march.

25600 miles on mobil one and purolator pureone filters. Changed every 6-8000 miles. :eek:

Why you ask? Because it works just fine.

I expect the engine to last at least 100,000 miles maybe more. I still have 14 months of unlimited miles on my YES warrenty as well. These motors are almost bullitproof.

We went thru this once before, contacted purolator and the bypass psi is acceptable for the engine.

Yamaha filters suck, not as bad as fram but close.
Honda really actually does make a pretty good filter. Its not top notch or anything but not junk.

Mobil one and the Pure One are topnotch paper and synth fiber filters with great canisters, great base plates, great gaskets, great bypass springs, and great anti drainback valves.

The pure one costs less than the factory filter soooooooooo...... LOL
I use it.

Anyone have a European or UK link for the Purolator Pure One oil filter [PL14610]?

Or a UK/European equivalent?

Cheers

Nelly

I either use the Pure One filter or the Walmart filter. Both work very well, and even better, the motorcycle takes the same exact filter that our Accord takes, so when I need to buy I always get two right away.

Back