• R6 header with side exhaust

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • CBR stock undertail

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

Ewhite6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am trying to decide what to do because I am a poor college student and don't like the sound of my drilled exhaust. I am currently between using 04 r6 headers and a normal more common/cheaper side exhaust or doing a custom bent pipe with a stock 04 CBR 600rr under tail pipe that I could get pretty cheap. If your gonna trash me for being cheap you must be loaded so go buy yourself a Harley and sit on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am trying to decide what to do because I am a poor college student and don't like the sound of my drilled exhaust. I am currently between using 04 r6 headers and a normal more common/cheaper side exhaust or doing a custom bent pipe with a stock 04 CBR 600rr under tail pipe that I could get pretty cheap. If your gonna trash me for being cheap you must be loaded so go buy yourself a Harley and sit on it.

Go get yourself a set of second hand after-market pipes for the bike...it will be cheaper, and easier, and you wont be left with a bike that looks like a parts bin special....just my 2 cents, but i reckon i aint far off the mark.

:thumbup:

You need to add a third option to your poll IMHO....3. do neither, and do something more conventional, like get an after-market set of pipes that fit.

Last edited:

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
My Bandit 400 had a stock CBR 600 undertail pipe fitted to it. The welds in the pipe to make it fit weren't exactly pretty, and the heat shields attached to it were ok. That being said, I loved perplexing people with my decal-less bike that did not look to be a 1991 year model at all.

Bearing all that in mind, I am afraid you'd be in for a struggle on fitting a CBR exhaust. What is it going to look like at the ass end of the bike? Is it going to come close to filling the vacancy of the stock one? Do you have to cut, or how will you fill? Eh, I don't know, man. In the end it's your decision. I can tell you my lil Bandit wasn't loud at all and didn't really talk to you until you were well over 7k and even then it's quiet in comparison to my TB's.

I gotta agree with Wolf on this one. Mayhap you can pick up some 2nd hand pipes.

S

Shamus McFeeley

There should be an option for "use time machine and not drill out the stock exhaust".

I second the motion to find used stock pipes.

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
you can get a brand new aftermarket muffler on ebay for 100 and just replace it with your stock one

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Why would you think people would flame you for being cheap?
Just read all the other threads that tell you about cheaper alternatives to top price products.

Ain't no Millionaires here fella ('part from Wolfman) :D

Try selling your standard ones as 'modified' and you shouldn't have to put too much towards a set of the older style Scorps.

The only time I would stick a side exhaust on my FZ,was if I changed out the subframe and tail unit for something like a K7 Gixer one.You would be left with a hole under the rear light that would look friggin awful and a stock CBR undertail exhaust would need a fair amount of buggering about to make it look half sensible.

Anyway I'm going to pop down the shop on my Platinum Harley,to pick up that case of vintage Bollinger I put on my Gold Amex card ;)

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
The only time I would stick a side exhaust on my FZ,was if I changed out the subframe and tail unit for something like a K7 Gixer one.You would be left with a hole under the rear light that would look friggin awful and a stock CBR undertail exhaust would need a fair amount of buggering about to make it look half sensible.

What about zombie apocalypse and you need a running vehicle??? Hell yeah I'd rig up a side exhaust to save my can.

BUT... I second (third?) the looking for a used exhaust off, maybe off a wrecked bike. I'm cheap myself but found that some things are worth doing right.