New Member from Souther Indiana

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been lurking, searching, and reading for a few days so I thought I would introduce myself.

I am currently saving to buy a bike this fall. I take the MSF at the end of July and as long as my skills are appropriate I plan to get a FZ6. I'm 38 and have never owned a bike. I've had a quad and drove a Jeep for a few years but that is as close as I've ever been!

I grew up in a house where it was forbidden, then I was a poor college/grad student and then I married a Physician Assistant that took her first job in an Emergency Room. I have two great kids (both girls 7 and 3) and a crazy job (Pastor). We love to go boating in the summer. At this point in my life, 99% of what I do is for other people. The boat takes lots of TLC, I tow it, I drive it, I tow it home--so it's lots of fun for others and I enjoy seeing them happy. I need the bike.

Yesterday I went to a Yamaha dealership that has an 07 with 4200 miles for $5100. I'm going to have to be closer to $2900 and hopefully this fall I can find something. (When cash is in hand I'll ask this group for some help finding one!) I was just going to sit on the bike to make sure I could hold it up, feet hit the floor, etc. I fell in love. Everything I had read was true. The pics below are pretty funny. I was showing my 7 year old the bike and she said, 'That looks like a Night Fury' She was referring to "toothless" the dragon from the animated kids movie "How to Train Your Dragon." I attached a pic of the bike and the dragon for your enjoyment. So no matter what color I get, I'm guessing the name should be Night Fury?

Originally I was going to get a Ninja 250 starter bike then save for a Honda NC700x. After seeing the FZ6, I'm just going for that to begin with. I have no one to impress and I can stay out of the 7000rpm band pretty easily.

So thanks for all your help and the help you will offer in the future. It's a great group and I'm thankful to share this journey with you! Oh, and don't read anything into the "pastor" thing. I love Christ and that's my choice. I live life to the fullest and that is about me. The greatest teaching the Bible has straight from the mouth of Jesus regarding community is not to judge others and keep to your own business. That's how I live. Love everyone, be a source of strength, don't take things personally, and have a beer and watch a sunset. That's about it.

Last edited:

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Where in Southern Indiana are you? I'm in New Albany and just bought my first FZ6.

Haven't seen too many FZ's around here. A lot of R6/R1's but not much in the way of FJR's or FZ's. Can't throw a wrench without dinging the chrome on a Harley but whatever.

For a country in a recession, I've never seen so many new Streetglides running around.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm starting work in Madison this week. Planning on doing the 1hr trip on the bike every day it's above 45 degrees. Look for a blacked out FZ6 and a guy in uniform.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: from Texas.:cheer:

You sould fly to Dallas.:eek: There's a lot of nice FZ6's in the area with very low miles for under $4,500. :rockon:

Are you saving for gear?:thumbup:

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Yasko! Gear came first. Icon jacket ($50 and a wakeboard on Craigslist) Kevlar gloves and a new helmet.

I'm not against flying out to the great state. May be a little vacation in it when the time comes. Problem is I will only have $2500 by October so I may be hosed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD