Can we add to this?

H

HavBlue

The folks from Europe are going to have to get in on this because I believe the bike was actually introduced in like 1996 over the pond.

H

HavBlue

Sounds good to me though for the US representation. 0-60, 0-100 times?

Back in 2004 when I was thinking of buying the FZ6 I read an article (which I can't find now) where the pro-rider testing the bike had made eleven 1/4 mile runs . Of these, the best was 11.03 at 121mph. The article went on to say he had smoked the clutch too. Considering this was a stock bike with stock gearing that leads me to believe the bike could make it into the 10's with a bit of gearing and a determined rider.....

H

HavBlue

You are correct.

Thanks Grommit, I thought I missed something. I will agree with the author of the article you posted. I had the opportunity to ride a friends YZF600R when I lived in California and that engines run profile offers a good deal more midrange than our engines in the FZ6. I will however say it doesn't have the top end punch of the FZ6 engine. If that Euro Fazer is as comfortable as the YZF I would say it's a very sweet ride and it should tour very well..

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i had the YZF for about 34,000 miles before the FZ6 and absolutely loved that bike but i do find the FI on the FZ is a lot more responsive and i find that the 07 at least has a much smoother power band.