Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a cable lube adapter and have a couple questions:

1. How do you use one of these with the curve in the throttle cables? That slit along the back of the throttle cables lets the lube shoot everywhere.

2. What kind of lubricant do you use? I had bought some that I thought would work but it foamed up and went everywhere, partly because of #1 above. (It was Dupont Teflon White Lithium Grease aerosol spray)

Thanks in advance! Hoping I can get the throttle lag issue resolved quickly!

Matthew

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site

1. How do you use one of these with the curve in the throttle cables? That slit along the back of the throttle cables lets the lube shoot everywhere.

2. What kind of lubricant do you use? I had bought some that I thought would work but it foamed up and went everywhere, partly because of #1 above. (It was Dupont Teflon White Lithium Grease aerosol spray)

Matthew

Search cable lube here on the forum. A member made a ingenious syringe lube kit that he sells(sold?). Don't know if he still sells them but they work great. Pretty cheap too if I remember. Think it was only $10

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Had the same issues. Basically, I ended up getting creative with some electrical tape and paper towels... And I used some generic silicone spray lube from my local shop.

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Search cable lube here on the forum. A member made a ingenious syringe lube kit that he sells(sold?). Don't know if he still sells them but they work great. Pretty cheap too if I remember. Think it was only $10

I bought a set, actually my second but the garage gremlins have hidden them.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Matthew

I use PJ1 cable lube (just did my clutch cable this am too);
Access Denied

Get the cable spotless (greaseless actually), wrap it TIGHT with 2" masking tape, it helps keep it from shooting all over the place. Lubing the clutch cable makes a BIG difference in pull BTW...

It won't stop it all, (but its managable) so wrap a rag around the joint as well so you don't lube the ENTIRE bike..

A little more involved but spray from the other end of the cable where there's NO adjustment should work too..

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
kinda re booting an old post, but I coulda picked any number on cable lubes.

Last week I was kind of noticing more dodgy shifts- going for the next gear up and not getting it, found neutral between 1st and 2nd too many times when it wasnt needed etc.
I should have read the signs as this is exactly what happened last time the cable needed some lube.

Anyway long story short, I put one of the Chemiker syringes of oil into the top of the clutch on Sunday after the bike wash and then didn't ride til Tuesday morning----what a difference !

Every shiftbwas golden an smooth as silk

this is not a promo for Chemikers set up (but I do like it and it is clean and convenient)

Look at lubing you clutch and throttle cables anyway that you like, to help with shifting. small bit of maintenance for a big result!