Bummer man

ms mrdr

PB4UGO
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While on a Sunday ride guess what I find> I damn nail in my rear tire!! I am soooo bummed.. got any recommendations for a good tire.. not ungodly expensive?:spank:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bummer is right. Fortuanately for you, we have a forum specifically for tires, under the "Tire Tech" area, so go ahead and read on and you can make your decision.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd keep a match with the front. It's not best practice to mix and match tires on a performance bike. ;)

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While on a Sunday ride guess what I find> I damn nail in my rear tire!! I am soooo bummed.. got any recommendations for a good tire.. not ungodly expensive?:spank:
I just wanted to say I worry about that also. But would like to say sorry about the nail but glad you found it before something bad had happend.

DaFiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't just plug the tyre and expect good performance. Remove the tyre from the rim and examin the punctured area. If the fibre is undamaged place a patch over the hole and the tyre will still be good enough to commute with but I would avoid track day on it.:thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a nail in my front tyre not that many km's after I got new tyres, I replaced it (it cost a lot too as it was a pilot road 2).

I have since spoken to many people on the matter and almost everyone thinks if it is in the middle part of the rear tyre and it is a fairly new tyre they would repair it, on the other hand if it was the front tyre most people would have changed the tyre.
This is of course assuming you don't do track days or very high speed riding.

ms mrdr

PB4UGO
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'm gonna go with Avon Storm St Sport...
and no I don't do "track riding" I'm a chicken...

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
and no I don't do \"track riding\" I'm a chicken...

If you keep the bike @speed and don't push it, I'd plug it. Use the mushroom plugs though. :thumbup:

W

wrightme43

and no I don't do \"track riding\" I'm a chicken...

NOOOOOOOESSSSs!!!
They only last 6-8k miles, they are sticky in the rain but that is about the only good thing I can say about them.

This is after.
3 fronts
and 4 rears.

I have contacted Avon they say they will send me info or return calls and they do not. I am done with them. I loved loved super venoms. I was so excited about the storm. They are not what they are supposed to be.

I wont buy anymore of them.

Michellin or Bridgestones, or Perrilli for me.

Sucks too cause I went on and on about how good Avon is. Just disgusted with them now.