Buff your pipe - make it shine!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you think those would work on the headlights of my car? plastic lights that are starting to "show their age"

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
you think those would work on the headlights of my car? plastic lights that are starting to "show their age"

Maybe...
But Autozone sells a kit that is used in conjunction with your drill that is specifically for plastic headlights. I may try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. I think it's in the $15-20 USD range.

(sorry for the somewhat off topic banter)

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
check around for aftermarket non-oem headlights. for some makes, they're cheaper than you would expect and easier to replace than clean.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe...
But Autozone sells a kit that is used in conjunction with your drill that is specifically for plastic headlights. I may try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. I think it's in the $15-20 USD range.

(sorry for the somewhat off topic banter)

thank you, the wifes headlights can be cleaned with some rubbing compound but it seems like the top layer of my plastic lights seems like it is breaking down and i just want them to look good again.

I have looked for after market lights but they are the same as my factory lights, i have the "Sport" version of my car so it has the cool cosmetic upgrades already.

H

HavBlue

thank you, the wifes headlights can be cleaned with some rubbing compound but it seems like the top layer of my plastic lights seems like it is breaking down and i just want them to look good again.

I have looked for after market lights but they are the same as my factory lights, i have the "Sport" version of my car so it has the cool cosmetic upgrades already.

A number of the manufacturers were having problems with the headlamp lenses clouding up and turning yellow back in the 90's. This can be cleaned up with 2000 grit color sanding paper and some polishing compound (not rubbing compound) and a 7" buffer with a sheep skin pad like they use to polish out paint. The lenses turn out great but you'll have to keep them polished up or it will come back over time.