BT016Pro

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Little update, i got 5500km out of the rear, i could squeeze another 1000, but with fall coming, i'd rather get me a fresh 1.

Haven't looked at the odo yet but I have plenty of rubber and so far these tires have been great! They're supposed to give a little better mileage and equal or better grip. The tests I saw said the wet grip was also significantly improved.
I need to find that link to the new tests they did on the Pro's!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is some additional info:

Bridgestone’s new BT-016 PRO is wet weather champion - ReifenDirekt.de

Naturally this being from Bridgestone themselves everything will be pro stones but there have been tests at Motorrad test track and the BT-016 Pro was rated the best wet weather grip out of four manufacturers. Pretty impressive statements!
You won't get great miles off these but you will get grip. The Pro version of this tire is supposed to be better mileage as well. Especially the front tire.
I would go for the BT-023's but in the colder winter weather here you can be in cooler weather because of elevation changes in a few minutes and it's the grip I depend on when it's cooler. The BT-23's are great in the warm weather.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSHaklOvBQ8]Bridgestone Tyres UK - Battlax BT-016 PRO Track Test - YouTube[/ame]

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So you ride like being chased by the Devil too?

Lol! pretty much. Have got Pirelli Supercorsa's on my FZ6 now, and only got 800 km's out of my front before it was "illegal"....

But oh my god, they were a a very very enjoyable 800km's...Grip is everything as far as i am concerned, as i only ride the bike for Sports riding duties...no commuting, no touring, at all!

:rockon:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
$BUMP$

Bridgestone Battlax BT-016 Pro Hypersport // Ultra High Performance Sport Radial. . .

http://www.bridgestone.com/products/motorcycle_tires/products/battlax/bt016pro.html

What kind of miles you guys get out of these... I can get a set for $190 USD but it looks to be short timer considering the stock Battlax finished their life at 8600 miles. Other than low miles, most seem to like them, Yes?

Any semi aggressive riders gotten 4,000 miles from them (6,440km)?

I'm prolly 60% cruise/40% twist. . . .

Thanks,

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
$BUMP$

Bridgestone Battlax BT-016 Pro Hypersport // Ultra High Performance Sport Radial. . .

BATTLAX BT-016 PRO HYPERSPORT | Products | Motorcycle Tires | Bridgestone Corporation

What kind of miles you guys get out of these... I can get a set for $190 USD but it looks to be short timer considering the stock Battlax finished their life at 8600 miles. Other than low miles, most seem to like them, Yes?

I'm prolly 60% cruise/40% twist. . . .

BT-016 Pros!!??? $190 a set!!!??

Thanks,

The Pros are supposed to be better in every way. Even in the wet. They're different enough that they should have given them a different number but they just added Pro to the suffix.

If you ride aggressive get'em. The rear is supposed to give us 20% more wear and the front 40% more wear.

Make sure the tire say Pro on the suffix when you get it.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I bought the bike 41xx miles in April 2011, stock BT020s highway miles only. Bike Now has 86xx miles and the tires are shot.

Estimating 60%highway and 40% twists, will the Bt-016s last 4000 miles?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^
I bought the bike 41xx miles in April 2011, stock BT020s highway miles only. Bike Now has 86xx miles and the tires are shot.

Estimating 60%highway and 40% twists, will the Bt-016s last 4000 miles?

Thanks!

Yes you should get 4,000 out of them but if you've been living on stock BT-020s You might want to switch to the BT-023. It's still a dual compound tire but you'll get many more miles from a set. Not as sticky a tire (longer warm up) as the BT-016 Pro but I've seen them heated up and they were plenty sticky. I might even do BT-023s next time around.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
BT-016 Ultra High Performance Sport Radial

OK - I Dropped the Hammer on these - - -

$188 USD Shipped and they confirm they are the newer "Pro"

Order UP boys & Girls, it won't last long and its a Web deal only.....

Bridgestone BT-016 Front and Rear Tire Package 1 - Chaparral Motorsports

Bridgestone Battlax BT-016 Ultra High Performance Sport Radial Front Tire
Part #:330-1263 Size:120/70ZR17

Bridgestone Battlax BT-016 Ultra High Performance Sport Radial Rear Tire
Part #:330-1268 Size:180/55ZR17

BATTLAX BT-016 PRO HYPERSPORT | Products | Motorcycle Tires | Bridgestone Corporation

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've only got a couple hundred miles on these and well I Like them! The ride is not all that different than the 20's, turn in is about the same although a more linear rate as these aren't squared off and they are silk smooth! bike has never been more vibration free than it is now. > R6 forks, new tires, rear end was string aligned, plus a t/b sync.

I haven't pushed the corners to hard but I've had it over a fair amount and feel no loss of traction even over the patches of wet stuff. Chicken is within a 1/2" and I'm running the pressures the same 33/36. I'm still adapting to the R6 forks which making braking maneuvers very confident at any speed. I'd have to tape it off but if i had to guess 60mph stops can be done in 180ft or less (guessing).

Tires seem good but I need more ride time to see what they can really do!

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up set of these after getting rid of my pr3's. I have to say these are some NICEEEEEE Tires. I may stick with them for ever if the mileage isnt that bad. I only have like 60 miles on them but wow they are sticky lol. If mileage is crap i may try the bt023 but for now i really like these tires.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just finished my BT-016 Pro rear tire. I got 4000 miles out of it and I know I could hve gotten a few more hundred out of it. The front is still really good and it looks like I'll wear out them 2 rears to 1 front.

Much improvement over the BT-016 and now the BT-016 Pro is supposed to be replaced with the S-20

Got the new rear scrubbed in today and even being new and pushing on it out of the turns with the big twin, it never moved on me. Good tires! :D

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just finished my BT-016 Pro rear tire. I got 4000 miles out of it and I know I could hve gotten a few more hundred out of it. The front is still really good and it looks like I'll wear out them 2 rears to 1 front.

Much improvement over the BT-016 and now the BT-016 Pro is supposed to be replaced with the S-20

Got the new rear scrubbed in today and even being new and pushing on it out of the turns with the big twin, it never moved on me. Good tires! :D

I missed this. Thanks Cliff!
Thanks button window is gone or i'd push it (90 days apparently).

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've only got a couple hundred miles on these and well I Like them! The ride is not all that different than the 20's, turn in is about the same although a more linear rate as these aren't squared off and they are silk smooth! bike has never been more vibration free than it is now. > R6 forks, new tires, rear end was string aligned, plus a t/b sync.

I haven't pushed the corners to hard but I've had it over a fair amount and feel no loss of traction even over the patches of wet stuff. Chicken is within a 1/2" and I'm running the pressures the same 33/36. I'm still adapting to the R6 forks which making braking maneuvers very confident at any speed. I'd have to tape it off but if i had to guess 60mph stops can be done in 180ft or less (guessing).

Tires seem good but I need more ride time to see what they can really do!

All of that continues to hold true! Great tires! Tar Snakes, gravel and bagels seem to be the only time they step out.
I have since pushed it good in some twists and love how they stick. I'm guessing I'm too chicken to use the tire to its ability unless on the track!
The front is holding on well at the 2000 mile mark (bike at 11k) however the back could be down as much as 40% and due to increased commuting - it has a tiny bit of square look to it but I can't feel it on turn in. I'm guessing the rear will be done in single season.

if you ride aggressively, an awesome tire! BT-016 Pro's

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks, but no thanks! 4000 miles out of this tire? Stick with stock you could easily get 20000 miles.

True but if you get both and have them mounted for less than $200 - I'm OK with that but I'll likely throw something else out back next go round. It was an experiment for me.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks, but no thanks! 4000 miles out of this tire? Stick with stock you could easily get 20000 miles.

We might use the tire differently and that's why we like the stickier tire. I wouldn't have the same confidence in the OEM tire. I imagine my next set will be the S-20.

I want to get my own tire changer and balancer! :BLAA: