Brown Trousers.........

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to mention the pubs, jes the pubs. The home town is 300 yards long. 1 butchers, 1 hair dresser, 1 garage, 1 general store and 4 pubs, Lovely 4 fantastic free flowing pubs. Now that waht you call a town.

Where my wife's family come from, Carrick on Shannon, there are only a couple of 'Pubs' in town. However, there is a bar in the the back of the grocer's, the bicycle shop, the post office, the bakers, the hardware store etc...

Reaction score
Visit site
It's not the ability to smell diesel a mile off that counts, it's the ability to understand the road conditions and ride accordingly that counts. Also consider that painted surfaces (when wet) can be as slick as owl boogers. Not sure what that means, but sounds about right. Another thing to consider is conditions right after a rain begins, when it hasn't had time to wash off the "yuck"; only enough time to spread it evenly across the entire surface.

As far as the leathers go, just have to learn to keep a tighter grip on things, to go with the traditional "stiff upper lip". (heh-heh)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where my wife's family come from, Carrick on Shannon, there are only a couple of 'Pubs' in town. However, there is a bar in the the back of the grocer's, the bicycle shop, the post office, the bakers, the hardware store etc...
Now you mention it mate, one of the pubs is the post office to.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's not the ability to smell diesel a mile off that counts, it's the ability to understand the road conditions and ride accordingly that counts. Also consider that painted surfaces (when wet) can be as slick as owl boogers. Not sure what that means, but sounds about right. Another thing to consider is conditions right after a rain begins, when it hasn't had time to wash off the "yuck"; only enough time to spread it evenly across the entire surface.

As far as the leathers go, just have to learn to keep a tighter grip on things, to go with the traditional "stiff upper lip". (heh-heh)
Totally agree about trying to read the road surface. I was riding with a friend the other day and there was some sand on the road. Right on the apex of the corner. I adjusted my line, he had a brown trouser moment when the back ens slipped a bit.