Bikebandit and similar - International experiences any?

xsrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks,
I've been kind of 'off the grid' for a while now :( but I hope I'm coming back.

The reason for my post is that I had an incident two weeks ago, where my bike went down apparently for no reason when doing 120kph in the highway. Road was almost a straight, uphill, slightly wet, wheels in good shape, and used to wet riding.
I thing there was 'something else' on the road as later I heard there had been an accident there the previous day.
My rear wheel slid to the right slightly, tried to control oversteering, then to the left slightly, back again to the right and then off to the ground I went.
Luckily I had a good safety distance everywhere around and good equipment on. Love my Alpinestars Overpants which are needing replacement now and going to the trash... although next ones won't have zippers on the sides.

I myself got away with just one bruise in the elbow, just under the jacket protection, an a light hit on my 'bump'. The biggest hit was at my pride :eek:

Tale told, now to business. The bike also came out in great shape, but with mainly broken plastics (not that much really, awesome protectors in place ;) ), and the guys at the workshop are asking me near 900€ for fixing it.
Keeping in mind it is a 2004 model with 52000kms in, I don't think it's worth to put that kind of money on it, so I'm looking for either used or good priced parts.
In these search (2nd hand plastics are hard to find, guess why) I've come to the conclusion that buying those parts in the USA is waaaay cheaper than at Europe/Spain (I'm talking a 50% off here). So I'm looking at BikeBandit and Boats.
Do you guys have experience buying internationally from these guys?
I guess the fairing can get a bit bulky, so I'm worried about the shipping costs.

Any help in finding good priced pieces at Europe?
Just in case any is curious (or have pieces available), these are the damages: (FZ6S 2004 silver/black)
- 5VX-2835G-10-00 Front Cowling
- 5VX-28381-31-00* Windshield (just a corner :( )
- 5VX-2836K-10-00 panel, inner 1
- 5PW-8333A-10-00 - … lens flasher light
(maybe this will require 5PW-83310-10-00 - front flasher light assembly left )
- 5VX-21710-10-00 side cover assembly left liquid silver
- 5VX-21781-30-00 - emblem left liquid silver
- 5EB-83912-03-00 - clutch lever (embrague)
- 4BH-27451-01-00 - left footrest (not really bad, may leave it)
- 5VX-18110-00-00 - shift pedal assembly

Well, that's my story (not-)short. Any help would be appreciated.
Any suggestion on how to avoid that happening again would be great as well :Flash::Flash::D

Cheers!
xsrider

Last edited:

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a windshield for a 2008, not sure if it is the same. if it fits and you want it yours for free, you just pay shipping.

xsrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a lot Hobbesca, that's very kind of you, but, looking at the 2008 model pictures I don't think it fits at all.
(Plus a parcel from Canada -if that's your location - for the windshield is probably not worth it :( )

I've managed to get some parts from an auto wrecker. I'm getting them this week.
I'm still missing the cowl/fairing and the windshield, though I may try some DYI fix while waiting for a good 2nd hand opportunity here.

Thanks again!!

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for the accident. May be some gasoline caused the road to get slippery.
I bought parts internationally from partzilla.com without any issue.
I guess bikebandit doesn't ship internationally. You can look at ebay for parts or you can make your bike naked. Cheapest option would be getting naked.

2008 windscreen won't fit a 2004 by the way.

xsrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for the accident. May be some gasoline caused the road to get slippery.

Yeah, most probably, the downside is not knowing why you went downside :D Seriously, it's the absolute confidence removal tool...

I bought parts internationally from partzilla.com without any issue.
I guess bikebandit doesn't ship internationally. You can look at ebay for parts or you can make your bike naked. Cheapest option would be getting naked.

2008 windscreen won't fit a 2004 by the way.

Thanks, I'll take a loot at partzilla.com.
In fact, bikebandit ships internationally, but it costs me $121 .... that's a lot in shipping costs...

Cheers,
XSRider

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks,
I've been kind of 'off the grid' for a while now :( but I hope I'm coming back.

The reason for my post is that I had an incident two weeks ago, where my bike went down apparently for no reason when doing 120kph in the highway. Road was almost a straight, uphill, slightly wet, wheels in good shape, and used to wet riding.
I thing there was 'something else' on the road as later I heard there had been an accident there the previous day.
My rear wheel slid to the right slightly, tried to control oversteering, then to the left slightly, back again to the right and then off to the ground I went.
Luckily I had a good safety distance everywhere around and good equipment on. Love my Alpinestars Overpants which are needing replacement now and going to the trash... although next ones won't have zippers on the sides.

I myself got away with just one bruise in the elbow, just under the jacket protection, an a light hit on my 'bump'. The biggest hit was at my pride :eek:

Tale told, now to business. The bike also came out in great shape, but with mainly broken plastics (not that much really, awesome protectors in place ;) ), and the guys at the workshop are asking me near 900€ for fixing it.
Keeping in mind it is a 2004 model with 52000kms in, I don't think it's worth to put that kind of money on it, so I'm looking for either used or good priced parts.
In these search (2nd hand plastics are hard to find, guess why) I've come to the conclusion that buying those parts in the USA is waaaay cheaper than at Europe/Spain (I'm talking a 50% off here). So I'm looking at BikeBandit and Boats.
Do you guys have experience buying internationally from these guys?
I guess the fairing can get a bit bulky, so I'm worried about the shipping costs.

Any help in finding good priced pieces at Europe?
Just in case any is curious (or have pieces available), these are the damages: (FZ6S 2004 silver/black)
- 5VX-2835G-10-00 Front Cowling
- 5VX-28381-31-00* Windshield (just a corner :( )
- 5VX-2836K-10-00 panel, inner 1
- 5PW-8333A-10-00 - … lens flasher light
(maybe this will require 5PW-83310-10-00 - front flasher light assembly left )
- 5VX-21710-10-00 side cover assembly left liquid silver
- 5VX-21781-30-00 - emblem left liquid silver
- 5EB-83912-03-00 - clutch lever (embrague)
- 4BH-27451-01-00 - left footrest (not really bad, may leave it)
- 5VX-18110-00-00 - shift pedal assembly

Well, that's my story (not-)short. Any help would be appreciated.
Any suggestion on how to avoid that happening again would be great as well :Flash::Flash::D

Cheers!
xsrider
The Cowling for the S1 model is currently 103 bucks from Ron Ayers FZ600SS FZ6.
Check them out. Is your light unit in good order because that baby isn't cheap.
The only thing with Ron Ayers is that you might have to communicate with them directly as there were no European shipping options when I was looking for a cowling a while ago. Some cheapo adonized shortly leavers will set you back about €69.00
I'm delighted your in otherwise good shape.

Nelly

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a lot Hobbesca, that's very kind of you, but, looking at the 2008 model pictures I don't think it fits at all.
(Plus a parcel from Canada -if that's your location - for the windshield is probably not worth it :( )

I've managed to get some parts from an auto wrecker. I'm getting them this week.
I'm still missing the cowl/fairing and the windshield, though I may try some DYI fix while waiting for a good 2nd hand opportunity here.

Thanks again!!
I did a reasonable repair on mine using epoxy resin. The first repair was a bit rough to be honest, and I re did it and its much better. There are a few threads here about repairing plastics. http://www.600riders.com/forum/sear.../forum/cmps_index.php&ref=&ss=6090j2050812j21
The thread posted by our Croatian member Vela is brilliant.

Nelly

xsrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all for the inputs.
Looks like partzilla is a lot cheaper in shipping costs.
Anyway, seeing Nelly post, I may be trying something myself about the cowl. I've never done something like this before, but the damage is not big, although is at the left pointy corner of the cowl, where all four pieces meet..... tricky but I suppose it's doable (I don't know if doable 'by myself' :rolleyes:)

I'll take a look at it.

Thanks again,
XSRider

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all for the inputs.
Looks like partzilla is a lot cheaper in shipping costs.
Anyway, seeing Nelly post, I may be trying something myself about the cowl. I've never done something like this before, but the damage is not big, although is at the left pointy corner of the cowl, where all four pieces meet..... tricky but I suppose it's doable (I don't know if doable 'by myself' :rolleyes:)

I'll take a look at it.

Thanks again,
XSRider
Can you post a picture of the damage mate. I had never attempted a repair before but with a little planning you can get some good results.
a6uhu6a2.jpg
7usa4y9a.jpg

Nelly

Last edited:

xsrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch!!!! Sorry for the delay, I just left it for "later" and.... well that's it.
I still have to fix it or buy it new from (i guess) partzilla.
These are some pics of the damage, I don't think it's an easy one to left it perfect as there's a good amount of plastic missing and it should match the three "corners" and support the inner screw :(

Anyhow, the pics attached...

Any help is welcome.
Cheers,
XSrider