Broken Top Saddlery Seat

myrick4bmx

Reaction score
Visit site
:( I just received my new seat form Top Saddlery, pulled it out of the box and the back of the seat was broken (shipping box was not damaged). Does anybody know how good they are at making things right. I looked on there web site for a phone number but could not find one, just fax and e-mail.So I e-mailed them the photos, I hope they will respond soon. Will let everbody know if they stand behind there product or not.

Thanks for any Info

View attachment 20467

View attachment 20468

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! That is a first! Make sure you take pics of the shipping container too to prove it wasn't damaged or they may try and make you go after the shipper. That sucks!

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
If you were in Alaska I'd say somebody dropped it off of conveyor or other such. But not in California!! Maybe all the staples created some wierd tension and it snapped?

myrick4bmx

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, there a lot of tension on the seat it takes some effort to push it back together.The person making the seat probably snapped it when they where stapling it but didn't want to tell there boss. :spank:

topsellerie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

Myrick4bmx has contacted us. We apologize, of course, but we can not explain at the moment what happened with this base... :confused:.
Whatever, a new seat is going to be shipped before the end of this week.
And Myrick4bmx will be refunded for the shipping charges to send us back the damaged seat, for us to understand the origin of this exceptional problem.

Best regards,

Top Sellerie
http://www.topsellerie.com

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well, fist off, welcome to the site and secondly that is top notch service!

Looks like they searched and found someone talking about a problem with their product and joined the forum just to assure them that it would be taken care of.

that seals the deal for me, if/when i get a new seat for my bike it will be a top saddlery.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

Myrick4bmx has contacted us. We apologize, of course, but we can not explain at the moment what happened with this base... :confused:.
Whatever, a new seat is going to be shipped before the end of this week.
And Myrick4bmx will be refunded for the shipping charges to send us back the damaged seat, for us to understand the origin of this exceptional problem.

Best regards,

Top Sellerie
Top Sellerie - Deluxe seats for motorcycles, petrol tank covers, tank bags and scooter leg covers [Rates for an order from : FRANCE]

Forget Corbin. I'm getting a T.S.!!!

:rockon:

(Actually, I had allready decided on TS. This just seals the deal.)

Last edited:

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Bummer about the seat.

But, excellent service from Top Saddlery. Wow!

One of their seats is on my future list of acquisitions for the FZ6 if the price is right.

WTB in the future: Ohlins Shock, HID projector headlight upgrade, TS Seat

myrick4bmx

Reaction score
Visit site
:D I appreciate the fast response to my post from Top Sadlery. I wasn't expecting one for them on this post, but that was very nice. It was good news to hear that you are going to be shipping a new one by the end of the week. THANKS SO MUCH! I will be checking my e-mail for your offical response and shipping info.

FazerNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
That's an awsome unexpected response. When I was calling Corbin a while back, they always acted annoyed on the phone and never offered to make it right (their carbon fiber leather is slippery slick).

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW! Now that's what I call EXCELLENT service. If I decide to go with a new seat, you can bet it'll be Top Saddlery. (Or is it Top Sellerie?)

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Any chance someone has a "free shipping" code? Went to the site and priced one of their "bargain" seats (great deal at 158 euros, $228 :thumbup:), then saw that they wanted 69.72 euros ($100 :eek:) to ship it to TX.

I'm guessing it's about $40ish to send my old seat back to them?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there any chance Top Saddlery would be willing to do a group buy for the forum? ;)

:welcome:

I had one of the TS seats on my FZ6... the BEST investment I made to the bike! :D How I miss that seat!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Guess what FINALLY showed up in their bargin bin?

1544.jpg

:steve: FZ1 Sofa is ordered and on the way!!!!!!!! :steve:

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
:steve: FZ1 Sofa is ordered and on the way!!!!!!!! :steve:

Did you find me a way around the steep shipping???

Saw your first comment and wondered if maybe combining a few orders together would help save on shipping (both ways), but they pretty much double/triple the shipping for two/three seats.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They offer no breaks. But it isn't all shipping. That pays shipping, export taxes to France, import taxes to the U.S. and insurance. Mine was just shy of 67 euros tonight or $96 dollars.

But, because it is a TS seat? WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! I did this once and I'm doing it again. :D Don't think about it... just CLICK! :thumbup:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm guessing it's about $40ish to send my old seat back to them?

The price if you buy a seat base from them is €40 (~$58) more than if you agree to send them your old seat. So, if it costs you $40 to ship your seat to them, you save $18. You could probably sell it for more on eBay, or just keep it so you can put it back on your bike if you sell it, then sell the TS seat on eBay.
Plus you have to give them a deposit €60 and then worry about your seat making it to them and them crediting your €60 back to you. All in all, with transatlantic shipping it seems to make sense to just buy a base from them.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The price if you buy a seat base from them is €40 (~$58) more than if you agree to send them your old seat. So, if it costs you $40 to ship your seat to them, you save $18. You could probably sell it for more on eBay, or just keep it so you can put it back on your bike if you sell it, then sell the TS seat on eBay.
Plus you have to give them a deposit €60 and then worry about your seat making it to them and them crediting your €60 back to you. All in all, with transatlantic shipping it seems to make sense to just buy a base from them.

If I don't send the FZ1 seats back? 283 Euros! :eek: You can BET those will be dropped off ASAP! :D

BTW, here's a pic of what I just ordered... :cheer:

attachment.php