Bris Fizz

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
expensive fairings.... would hate to build an R1 out of parts and pay for it

You'd get the parts a lot cheaper. The quote is full rrp, oem prices specially for insurance jobs. If I was to buy them personally, there'd be discounts, etc...

fz6jason

Reaction score
Visit site
Sunday 25th work for everybody ??? Meets at Rocklea Macca's & do the southern loop through Beaudesert , Rathdowney , Mt Lindesay , Kyogle , Mt Warning , Chillingham , Natural Bridge , Springbrook etc , etc :thumbup: Regulars will know the run but if your new its would be great to meet some new faces :D

B/c of the rain, I will be in town and very keen for a ride! :rockon:

This is still on, right?

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You'd get the parts a lot cheaper. The quote is full rrp, oem prices specially for insurance jobs. If I was to buy them personally, there'd be discounts, etc...

Turns out I was sooo wrong! The quote I saw was full rrp, but the insurers get everything ex GST or summink like that, spethal insurance prices circa $3100!!

Not sure about the ride Jas, I'll not be there though :(

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate of mine rode Mt Lindesay last weekend & said it was in terrible condition :( they went to Grafton but heard that the Uki Rd was even worse :spank:

So how about we leave Brookfield Macca's at 8 then do Nebo/Mt G & this secret Rd Paul found instead ???

Last edited:

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure what road you're taking but I saw a sign this morning in Keperra saying something about a samford/nebo road being closed... checked with google and got: DMR - Traffic & Travel Information - Static

MOUNT NEBO - MOUNT GLORIOUS ROAD (SAMFORD MOUNT GLORIOUS ROAD) 08:44 PM 22/03/2012

Mount Glorious Road [402] - Also known as Pei Road, Mount Glorious is Closed to all vehicles due to road damage.
Advice: Use alternative route.
Last Reviewed: 23 Mar 2012 at 16:00.

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate of mine rode Mt Lindesay last weekend & said it was in terrible condition :( they went to Grafton but heard that the Uki Rd was even worse :spank:

So how about we leave Brookfield Macca's at 8 then do Nebo/Mt G & this secret Rd Paul found instead ???

i'll have to google where brookfield maccas is???? Maybe Maccas Booval instead?

if you wanna do the secret road, we could head up to fernvale - splityard ck rd - somerset dam - SECRET ROAD - Mt mee - Brisbane.

Could have lunch on the road or be home around 1pm.

Hows that for a plan??

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i'll have to google where brookfield maccas is???? Maybe Maccas Booval instead?

if you wanna do the secret road, we could head up to fernvale - splityard ck rd - somerset dam - SECRET ROAD - Mt mee - Brisbane.

Could have lunch on the road or be home around 1pm.

Hows that for a plan??

Done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ment Brookside macca's anyway LOL :BLAA:

leaving Booval macca's at 8 & taking this route !! Cya all then :rockon:

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
well that was a fun day for 3 of us Jason, Humps and I. :thumbup:
After some chin wagging at maccas, 8:30 rolled around so we thought we should head off. Humps lead us out of the switch and guided us to Fernvale.

Splityard Ck Rd and thru Somerset dam was fun.

A quick fuel stop for Jason at the dam. We got a little strung out due to traffic but we regrouped just before Kilcoy and off we went along the SECRET ROAD. I always love that return run along the secret road with those open sweeping bends.

A little deviation of the main highway thru Villanue before we have lunch at Woodford Bakery with a warning from fellow riders of Mt Mee swarming with the fuzz. :eek: So after a pie and a drink we go looking for a fuel stop off before tackling Mt mee. It was an easy run thru and no fuzz to be seen.

I thought a small side tour over Clear mountain on the way back to Samford would be a good addition to the ride. Humps seemed to like it. We had to find a detour just before Samford as an accident blocked our way. A quick finger scroll on Jasons GPS found the road home.

Thanks for a great days ride, I had a blast. :rockon:

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah thanks guys I had a fantastic time , its been to long since we got out there :thumbup:

Secret Rd & Clear Mountain Rd were freakin' awesome :rockon:

Hope all involve in the accident were OK... Shame Jason had the GPS , I would of hated doing Clear Mountain Rd again :BLAA:

fz6jason

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to agree, the Secret Rd & Clear Mountain Rd were absolutely GREAT! :rockon:

Yeah, had to have a quick stop for fuel, the tank had stabil in it and was going down quick.... Besides, Humpy said it smelled a bit when I was really on it! :rolleyes:

Yeah, depending on how you look at it, the GPS either saved the day, or stuffed a chance to do Clear Mt Rd again ;)

Was a really good ride, very glad I was in town for the weekend to participate! :cheer:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, had to have a quick stop for fuel, the tank had stabil in it and was going down quick.... Besides, Humpy said it smelled a bit when I was really on it! :rolleyes:

Mate , that stuff is strong when its pumping outta that sexy Micron :thumbup: It smells like your burning part kerosene in the tank LOL , not the nice avgas kero smell though , that real strong bitumen stuff :D