Bris Fizz

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Right you lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sunday 11th March is this a good date for a group ride ??

Im thinking Southern Loop , Mt Warning Hotel for lunch but im open to other suggestions :thumbup:

Stu you have 2 weeks to get up some leave pass time :D

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't, money is allocated (and spent) in other areas right now.

Got my offroad boots 2 weeks ago, have a new jacket on layby (which im in trouble for) and the Strom has its service yesterday.

Oh and to top it all off, going to the Broncs Cowboys game next friday night. Its never cheap & its never done sober!

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
Right you lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sunday 11th March is this a good date for a group ride ??

I'm keen if everyone else is. :thumbup:
Last time we did that loop only 2 of us showed :spank: It's much better with fellow riders. Hope the roads after rathdowney have been repaired for us this time as it was getting dodgy last time.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The following weekend i'm off to the Gold Coast for 4 days. Stupid bloody insurance conference work is making me go to :spank:

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
i'm keen generally whenever. haven't been for a ride for awhile due to weather and sleeping in a weekend or 2. So i'm ready when ever you's are....:thumbup:
Be good to do the southern circuit again.

could try the northern circuit too again one day (includs the secret road) takes 4-4.5 hrs with a quick fuel/rest stop. :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sunday 25th work for everybody ??? Meets at Rocklea Macca's & do the southern loop through Beaudesert , Rathdowney , Mt Lindesay , Kyogle , Mt Warning , Chillingham , Natural Bridge , Springbrook etc , etc :thumbup: Regulars will know the run but if your new its would be great to meet some new faces :D

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sunday 25th work for everybody ??? Meets at Rocklea Macca's & do the southern loop through Beaudesert , Rathdowney , Mt Lindesay , Kyogle , Mt Warning , Chillingham , Natural Bridge , Springbrook etc , etc :thumbup: Regulars will know the run but if your new its would be great to meet some new faces :D

Count me in!

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
remember, it's still daylight savings time in NSW. If we don't get a wriggle on we will miss our pub lunch at the Mt Warning Hotel. We usually get there around 12pm (1pm NSW time).

krushnuts

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
remember, it's still daylight savings time in NSW. If we don't get a wriggle on we will miss our pub lunch at the Mt Warning Hotel. We usually get there around 12pm (1pm NSW time).

Yep, I remember last time, we just made it, by 5 mins or so?

Oh yeah, I dropped my bike in the driveway this morning :( $4500 to bring back to new - insurance are assessing I don't see any reason they would refuse my claim. Question is if it'll be ready by the 25th.

I am not riding my wifes scooter, ok Humpy? :eek:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah I already thought of this so 8am is good :thumbup:

I'll do up a full ride run down later & PM it to all the QLDers & hopefully we'll get a few new faces :cheer:

krushnuts

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
how did you manage to do that :confused:

Went a little something like this...

Wheeling the bike out of the garage, in a bit of a hurry I chose not to open the left hand side gate leading out to the kerb side. In doing so it required that I turn the bike slightly to get around it and (as they say) it all happened in slow motion - the bike falling away from me, the 'faaaarrrrk' as I reach out for it and bam there it is on the ground, bashed up against the fence with broken fairing and rear-view mirror I amble around it to pick it up and jesus age christ I over balance and drop it on the other side!!!

Took it down to team moto marooka, and Pietro the service manager takes it in, gives me a loan bike for the day (Yamaha Scorpion! watch out!) and I wasn't even late for work. The folks at Insure My Ride were fantastic and by the end of the day the fellas at the workshop had written up the quote, taken photos and emailed it in to IMR. Circa $4500 all up to restore it to it's former glory... Glad I'm only paying $400 excess! My helmet hit the driveway as well (it was on the tank). I've put a claim in for it, since I'm not sure if it's still safe to wear. It would've dropped about a meter before landing.

The piece the rear view mirror is attached to is clean snapped through. It wraps around the front of the bike and attaches to the frame. It's big. Not to mention the other bits 'n pieces...

What a way to start the day! Tell you what, that Scorpion is a dangerous vehicle...