Bridgestone Battleaxe BT020 180 Rear Question

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Sport-touring is a great category for tires. I love the high mileage and great grip of the newer offerings.
I did a ton of research on the subject.
My experience:
Bridgestone BT-020, lasted 6,000 miles. Predictable, easy tire. Single compound.
Bridgestone BT-021, lasted 6,500 miles. Much more grip. More confidence at steeper lean angels. Less prone to squaring. Dual compound.
Michelin Pilot Roads 2CT, lasted 6500 miles. Great grip, predictable, good mileage. Little squaring, actually wore the edges before the middle! Expensive for what it is.
Conti Road Attack, just got 'em. Single compound. Research shows it should get the same, if not better mileage than the BT-021. Tip-in is nutty. The tire loves to lean, it was a bit unnerving at first, but once you're used to it you will LOVE it. Grip at high lean angles is the same as the BT-021, but the shape of the tire is more "V", while the BTs were "U". Result? Faster through the turns (partially due to the faster turn-in), without using all my lean credit. I love this tire, if it lasts as long, it's my new #1.

Pricing: BT-020, BT-021, Road Attacks are within $20 of each other. Pilots are a solid $70+ more.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: