Break-In Dillemma

ThirtyTwo

Reaction score
Visit site
I had my dad rent an '05 pathfinder for me to take to prom, and they go 72 boucing off the rev limiter in top gear in 4-lo, and limit at 115 in high. They're also pretty quick for an SUV. It had to 4.0l v6.

My wife just bought a new 2008 Pathfinder (in 2009) and it's good to know it's got a good engine.

Sorry for the thread-jack, but it's good info. Much appreciated.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I am going against what a lot are saying. Just ride it home if you're comfortable at those highway speeds. It's built to last and won't have any problems.

Would you avoid the freeway if you bought a new car? ;)

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I had my dad rent an '05 pathfinder for me to take to prom, I was driving my date, and a friend with his date and we split the cost. I had him get it for the whole weekend, and the day after prom which was saturday night we took it mud bogging all day. Lets just say we got it stuck and it took two half ton chevys to yank it out. Oh and they go 72 boucing off the rev limiter in top gear in 4-lo, and limit at 115 in high.

:hijack: - WHY oh WHY would you run 75 mph in 4Lo? I'm not gonna say much, but have you been 4wheeling before? :rof:

:Im With Stupid: - hehe saw this and had to insert it!

:hijack: over

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
:hijack: - WHY oh WHY would you run 75 mph in 4Lo? I'm not gonna say much, but have you been 4wheeling before? :rof:

i'm guessing that it was stuck in the mud and it got floored and really didnt move anywhere... been there and done that.. just with my own toys tho

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ride it home as is. As long as the bike has been prepped correctly (oil and coolant levels verified) it won't affect the potential lifespan of the motor AT ALL!!! I would be more concerned about bedding in the brakes and scrubbing the sides of the tires than whether the engine speed has stayed constant for 20 minutes straight.

Just my opinion as usual...

The above is the best advice I've seen yet. If your only traveling 150 mi. your not even half way to the break in point anyway. you can finish breaking it in anyway you want when you get home. the ride home will not damage the bike at all as long as your not redlining and railing it. Brakes and tires should be your main concern, those are safety issues.:thumbup:

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

No, just on a dirt road. Yea, I've been off roading plenty. Haven't in awhile though. We also got it stuck at the gravel pit and it took 2 4x4 chevy's to pull it out.