BRC (Basic Riders Course)

massaudio

Reaction score
Visit site
So I took this basic rider course that is required for all military personnel. You wouldn't believe the amount of information, and techniques you can learn in one of these classes !!!! If you have ever had a chance to take one of these, please comment on your thoughts of the class you took. If not, I would HIGHLY recommend one of these classes to anyone that hasn't taken one !!!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was able to skip straight to the advanced course to get on base. Like you, I learned a lot (I was the only one to show up), and got put thru the paces! Good times tho:thumbup:

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
BRC was the best thing I ever did. Never rode a motorcycle before last year, went to the course and by monday, knew more than anyone of my friends and family could have taught me.

And in Jersey, the ARC (Advanced Rider Course) takes away 2 points on your license, and you can take it once a year on your own bike....kinda nice for those of us with lots of points....*cough* *cough* me *cough*

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And in Jersey, the ARC (Advanced Rider Course) takes away 2 points on your license, and you can take it once a year on your own bike....kinda nice for those of us with lots of points....*cough* *cough* me *cough*

ARC does not take points off (at least not yet.. we're working on it). It's the ERC (experienced rider course.. which is now called BRC2) that takes 2 points off :)
Otherwise you're correct.. BRC2 can be taken once a year for a 2 point reduction in NJ.

S

Shamus McFeeley

So I took this basic rider course that is required for all military personnel. You wouldn't believe the amount of information, and techniques you can learn in one of these classes !!!! If you have ever had a chance to take one of these, please comment on your thoughts of the class you took. If not, I would HIGHLY recommend one of these classes to anyone that hasn't taken one !!!

Don't forget about the MSRC. It's going to be the time of the season when the slots for main post courses fill up fast. I know a lot of RA people who said they would wait a few months to take it (good idea) but counted on getting in, only to find out the course was booked out for months.

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
ARC does not take points off (at least not yet.. we're working on it). It's the ERC (experienced rider course.. which is now called BRC2) that takes 2 points off :)
Otherwise you're correct.. BRC2 can be taken once a year for a 2 point reduction in NJ.

Thats right! Its the BRC2 that does it...keep workin on the ARC though. I could use all the deductions I could get!!!

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anybody know if there are any motorcycle courses that take points off of your license in SC?

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
I just wanted any visitors that may stumble on this thread to know that if you are from illinois and are interested in taking a rider course, I help with them in Springfield during the summer and I can give you my work schedule in case you want someone you kind of know to be there instead of all complete strangers.

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely recommend taking this course. Never ridden before last year so decided to take the course for two reasons:
1) They teach you how to ride
2) Walk away with your license (assuming you pass)
I've recommended this course to every one of my friends that has considered getting a bike solely for the skills they teach you. Getting the license afterwards is just an awesome bonus :thumbup: