Boots!?

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I am in desperate need in some riding boots, since I do not have any, and I just ride in tennis shoes. I found some that I really like, but I do not like that they have the Harley Davidson logo on them. I know that H-D gets their boots made by Wolverine, but I can't find any other boots like these. I like these boots because I think they look good, and would be easy to walk in. They also have a zipper on the side of them to be able to get in and out of them easily. I am just not sure if they would give good protection or if they are just for the "H-D fashion statement." Most of my riding is on the highway, and I don't ever go to the track or anything like that. What do y'all think about these boots? Do you know where I could get them without the H-D logo on them, and maybe for a little better price?

D95149_M_2602b.jpg

Men's Lynx Boots | MotorClothes Merchandise | Harley-Davidson USA

Thanks!
Reed

Last edited:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
They don't look very durable(compared to riding boots), It's best to spend the money and get a good pair of riding boots, with shin, heel, ankle and toe protection.

Anything's better than tennis shoes though...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that you should get a riding boot. The boots you're looking at seem pretty cool but believe it or not they could end up hindering you with laces or the tread. Riding boots are designed a specific way to help getting your foot off the peg quickly as well as give giving solid traction on the pegs. For this reason riding boots don't have aggressive elevation in the heel and front treads. Also the heavier tread will act differently on your brake and shift levers which are an important consideration. Over under toe operation on your shift lever will be much different. Generally cruisers are ridden with the feet on a platform and in front of you with big pedals so the boot design you're looking at is nice for that application as well as a work boot. What ever you do treat your self to better foot ware than tennis shoes!

For a few more bucks ($200) you could get these.
2010-Sidi-Fusion-Boot-Black.jpg

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that you should get a riding boot. The boots you're looking at seem pretty cool but believe it or not they could end up hindering you with laces or the tread. Riding boots are design a specific way to help getting your foot off the peg quickly and well as give giving solid traction on the pegs. For this reason riding boots don't have aggressive elevation in the heel and front treads. Also the heavier tread will act diferrently on your brake and shift levers which are and important consideration. Over under toe operation on your shift lever will be much different Generally cruisers are ridden with the feet on a platform and in front of you with big pedals so the boot design you're looking at is nice for that application as well as a work boot. What ever you do treat your self to better foot ware than tennis shoes!

Sidi boots are the best IMHO.... And they look perfect for everyday riding.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Kudos for you to realize that ordinary shoes, especially tennis shoes does not provide sufficient protection for riding.

There was a thread not to long ago that a forum member was involved in a pretty serious crash, but the doctors determined why he was walking the next day versus months or even a year was because he was wearing proper footwear.

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm so my British 95 combat boots arnt the greatesy idea then :(

Been wearing them on bikes and just every day since i can remember ...but seems it might be time to sort a pair of proper bike boots especially now i got the fazer :thumbup:

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that you should get a riding boot. The boots you're looking at seem pretty cool but believe it or not they could end up hindering you with laces or the tread. Riding boots are designed a specific way to help getting your foot off the peg quickly as well as give giving solid traction on the pegs. For this reason riding boots don't have aggressive elevation in the heel and front treads. Also the heavier tread will act differently on your brake and shift levers which are an important consideration. Over under toe operation on your shift lever will be much different. Generally cruisers are ridden with the feet on a platform and in front of you with big pedals so the boot design you're looking at is nice for that application as well as a work boot. What ever you do treat your self to better foot ware than tennis shoes!

Yeah, I don't want them, because they are "cool." I just want something that will be comfortable, good to walk around in, and last a long time. The tread is one reason that I liked them so much, I wanted something that will grip well on slippery surfaces, small grit on the road, or gravel, since my family's vacation home has a gravel driveway. I also liked the elevated heel, since I am kind of short.

Like I said, I do not do any crazy riding, just mainly on the highway and the Blue Ridge Parkway. I plan on getting a Gold Wing one day, if that tells you what type of riding I do, lol.

i would never buy ridingboots (for constant use) with exposed laces ...

Since I haven't ever had any riding boots, what are the advantages of not having laces?

I really don't know much about riding boots, and am trying to learn more about them. Most importantly I am just trying to find the best boots for ME. :thumbup:

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to add that I want something waterproof, well I think, just as long as my feet wouldn't get too hot.?.?.?.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I had these on a few days ago and they offer little to no ankle support should an extension/twist event occur. They are very pliable and bend easily should be +10 on the comfort but I don't see it saving an ankle IF the intent of high boot is to offer that kind of support. Granted it will prevent abrasion and puncture but likely not much else. . . .

IMO - a broken foot is bad for long term living BUT A messed up ankle beats a broken foot hands down.

I bought these: $300usd

Scroll down the chart or watch the video comparison, protection is worth 3 bills
Dainese TRQ Race Out Boots - RevZilla
1795149_631_F_S_press_detail.jpg

Wish I could afford these. . .
Dainese Torque Pro Out Boots - RevZilla

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had these on a few days ago and they offer little to no ankle support should an extension/twist event occur. They are very pliable and bend easily should be +10 on the comfort but I don't see it saving an ankle IF the intent of high boot is to offer that kind of support. Granted it will prevent abrasion and puncture but likely not much else. . . .

IMO - a broken foot is bad for long term living BUT A messed up ankle beats a broken foot hands down.

Scroll down the chart or watch the video comparison, protection is worth 3 bills

I agree there is no price you can put on your well being. The type of injuries you're talking about would still be there even with all the extra plastics. I believe you would need to have your foot and lower leg bound so very tightly by a much stronger mechanism to really be of better benefit. Torque injury is pretty horrible. I've seen it first hand on my neighbor. He comes from dirt riding and the first thing he did was stick a foot out when a care pulled in front of him on his KLR 650. Instant torque breakage. The plastics would probably do more good if they for hyper extending the toe in either direction but I'll bet the forces we're talking about go far beyond in most cases.
Another friend was riding with a hightop hiking type of shoe. He hit a ditch when he went off a turn and when the front wheel hit the ditch, the pressure of his weight sheered the footpeg off the cast mount. He was cut as his ankle passed the jagged casting as well as breaking his leg.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I have the Sidi Cobra Air, and I agree, not much ankle protection, yeah there is some but not enough in my opinion. But the Sidi Cobra is on the lower end of the food chain, so I guess you get what you pay for. I really loved my BMW Transits, but they don't make them anymore.

I will seriously consider getting those Dainese Torque Air Boots, I just have to find a vendor who will sell them to me for dealer's cost.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm selling a pair of the sidi votice for cheap...size 13 (US). top of the line boot.

Sorry for the brevity and plug, first time using tap talk.

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear a pair of AGVSport Cascade boots. They're comfortable on & off the bike, waterproof, have armor in the ankle & heel areas, have a very nice lining, are made of very nice Italian leather & are fairly inexpensive (~$100). I wore them on my trip to the Vintage Festival at Barber Motorsports Park a few months ago, walked around in them all day & part of the night & my feet never sweated or were uncomfortable. Unfortunately, I think they've been discontinued & are only available now in limited sizes on close-out.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still wearing my Alpinestar GPS3s. I'll probably replace them next winter with some Sidi Vertigos but I really don't have a good reason to get retire them just yet. They are beginning to get a bit old though but honestly you cant tell they are still in great shape. I also have a pair of Thor half boots but I don't wear them anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: