Boots

Lagerhead

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to invest in a pair of boots. After going down and breaking my ankle wearing only work boots, I have decided to step it up a notch. I do mostly street ridding, not a lot of highway. Just trying to find a comfortable boot. O, yeah, ankle protection (crush) is a must. Any Suggestions?

soupflakes

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a suggestion. After getting in a wreck two weeks ago, and smashing my foot between the car and my bike, and am walking around with no problems 2 weeks later, I swear by the Firstgear Express Boots. They're waterproof, and honestly very comfortable to walk around in (You will want to remove the insoles and put your own in though, the ones that come with it slide around in the boot). Plus they don't look bad at all with jeans on. My doctor said if I didn't have them on I probably would be getting reconstructive surgery on my foot instead of getting ready to get a new bike next weekend.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
First pair was Joe Rocket - lasted well, comfy to ride in and walk around and did not look too much like bike boots. Current boots are Komodo and have been very happy as well, about time for a new pair and am contemplating another pair of the Komodo Dragon boots. Just in case I go down want something which will protect my feet and ankles.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought these for that reason - ankle protection. . . Dainese torque out boots

They are comfy and for the price I couldn't find anything else that offered this much resistance to torsional ankle deflection. Now I can't say they'll save my tip toes as the nose is pleasantly flexible and makes shifting easy right out of the box but they fit my wide feet nicely and my leathers drop in well to. They are not bad for walking in but they're still new so it could improve more with wear in.

View attachment 40606 View attachment 40607

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i have the dainese, torque out pro's really comfortable (and they're white so faster) :D

also have some similar dainese ones that are goretex, but don't have an inner shoe, they are ok, but the top catches on your leg if you don't have long socks or something tucked in there

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Q? Has anyone used the Dainese Torque Out AIR Boots boots?

Or any other Air type boot? The reason I ask is this, seldom are my feet to cold but almost always too hot and I could trade these in for the AIR version for another $20. At this point its tempting as those hot days are pretty hot in full leathers. . .

Thanks for your input - oh avg riding temp around here is 55 to 85F.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought these for that reason - ankle protection. . . Dainese torque out boots

They are comfy and for the price I couldn't find anything else that offered this much resistance to torsional ankle deflection. Now I can't say they'll save my tip toes as the nose is pleasantly flexible and makes shifting easy right out of the box but they fit my wide feet nicely and my leathers drop in well to. They are not bad for walking in but they're still new so it could improve more with wear in.

View attachment 40606 View attachment 40607

Those are a great boot!:D