bolts that commonly fall off the fz6?

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
this past weekend i participated in an advance skills training class in a closed parking lot. Half way through the class one of the instructors finds an open ended nut on the ground and stated it fell off someones bike. Apparently they sweep the lot before the class to take get rid of gravel, rocks, etc. He was sure it come loose from a bike in the class. Took a close look at it and looked like a sprocket bolt. Checked mine, along with others, and and all were there. This got me thinking about bolts that should be commonly checked for torque on the fz6. Are there any? Any commonly come loose?

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i've found the 4 bolts at the back of the subframe on top of the exhaust come quite loose

a couple of weeks ago i noticed one of the bolts holding my subframe on was loose(!)

not sure if i forgot to tighten it, or if it came loose, but the bold holding the clip for my front brake hose came off

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
hand tighten whatever you can get to at every oil change.
tighten your clutch and strator cover in a star pattern.
don't overdo it (hence the hand tightening).

616ah

Reaction score
Visit site
One of the 2 fancy looking small allen head bolts/washers that hold plastic on beneath the OEM muffler departed. Another issue seems to be exhaust hardware in general, but after aligning, rechecking torque seems to settle that. No big/important parts... yet. :D

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
One of my front calipers was wiggly-loose on one pre-ride check once (yikes!). Anything can work its way loose if its bolted on, so grab anything that matches this description and give it a shake as you're washing etc. General tendency to become loose for a group overall doesn't dictate an individual's personal experience.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
nice thread subject.

the bolts that came loose on mine

licence plate holder (oem) under the muffler (attach to the black plastic cowl which envelopes the muffler and where the side pods attach(2 allen head bolts)

side stand bolts

grab rail bolts (under the side pods)

and i lost a footpeg feeler to vibrations!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Only bolts I have ever have come loose are the bolt that attached the mid pipe to the frame, and more seriously, the front sprocket nut...that could of been disastrous, as the chain could of locked up, etc.

I am fastidious about keeping everything tightly nipped up....

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Have had many Japanese, one BMW and one new era Triumph over many years and the only part that ever vibrated off was a round side reflector on my FJR 1300 which must not have been screwed on tight when it was new. Other than that no problem whatsoever. It is not an issue to me.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I found the screws securing blinker brackets into the front fairing were loose. . . So far so good. . .