Black FZ1 bar

soundgarden

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello people, went to my Yamaha dealership today and asked for a black FZ1 bar. Guy told me that there was no way for him to guarantee the bar would come in black even though they have been made before for FZ1s...so my question is whether or not there is a specific year where all the bars wouldve been made black? Or should I just order it and paint it myself...

thanks

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello people, went to my Yamaha dealership today and asked for a black FZ1 bar. Guy told me that there was no way for him to guarantee the bar would come in black even though they have been made before for FZ1s...so my question is whether or not there is a specific year where all the bars wouldve been made black? Or should I just order it and paint it myself...

thanks

I checked when I was getting mine. The answer I got was "they never came in black".
Lots of great aftermarket choices (Rizoma, etc) in black, but FZ1 bar is steel and uses same inserts as FZ6 bar, so stock bar ends can be used.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
$78 and worth every cent :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you dont mind paying $40 extra for the Rizoma name...and the Rizoma bars are different, they are not a "drag bar", like the FZ1 Bar....the Rizoma bars are identical to the OEM FZ6 handlebar's, except for the rizoma badge...they are the same length, have the same angle of bend, etc.

:thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you dont mind paying $40 extra for the Rizoma name...and the Rizoma bars are different, they are not a "drag bar", like the FZ1 Bar....the Rizoma bars are identical to the OEM FZ6 handlebar's, except for the rizoma badge...they are the same length, have the same angle of bend, etc.

Not the same as stock at all. Different bend. Feels a lot different to my old OEM bars. I have a comparison pic. Will post later.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm positive Rizomas are straighter, as are just about all other aluminum aftermarket bars. The issue is the fact that they're aluminum. You have to figure out a way to deal with much more vibration.
I originally switched to Renthal from stock and that bar had THE best angle and most comfortable position, but even with heavy bar ends, vibration was too much for my liking.
I switched it out for FZ1 bar with stock bar ends and absolutely love it now.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not the same as stock at all. Different bend. Feels a lot different to my old OEM bars. I have a comparison pic. Will post later.

Put them side by side off the bike....then take a photo, i want to be proved wrong, i really do! Cause i want a pair of Rizoma bars myself....cause i want a certain colour, and i dont wanna have to get a set of bar's painted!

soundgarden

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm positive Rizomas are straighter, as are just about all other aluminum aftermarket bars. The issue is the fact that they're aluminum. You have to figure out a way to deal with much more vibration.
I originally switched to Renthal from stock and that bar had THE best angle and most comfortable position, but even with heavy bar ends, vibration was too much for my liking.
I switched it out for FZ1 bar with stock bar ends and absolutely love it now.

Cool thnx for all the responses guys, very helpful as usual. Finally I decided to go with the FZ1's because of the so-called vibration, the price and also because they do seem to give a more agressive ride than the rizomas. Ill post some updated pics of the bike soon but I just ordered all sorts of equipment including; -Flush mount signals, Power Commander 3, Pazzo Levers, Rizoma rearsets(thnx to maverick), k&n, FZ1 bars, and also Racetech springs with 15wt to come!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool thnx for all the responses guys, very helpful as usual. Finally I decided to go with the FZ1's because of the so-called vibration, the price and also because they do seem to give a more agressive ride than the rizomas. Ill post some updated pics of the bike soon but I just ordered all sorts of equipment including; -Flush mount signals, Power Commander 3, Pazzo Levers, Rizoma rearsets(thnx to maverick), k&n, FZ1 bars, and also Racetech springs with 15wt to come!

Cant wait to see this....and i bet your gonna love riding the bike even more after all that is done...that's a pretty decent set of mods, sorting ergonomics, tune, and suspension performance...

Nice one!