Biketoberfest and AIMExpo, same weekend!!! - October 20, 2013

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
For the last couple of years I've been going to both, bikeweek and biketoberfest in Daytona.
My main reason is to do the demo rides.

I don't go to the "bikers" bars or parties all around the area, simply by the speedway where the demo rides are offered.
Merchandise wise, 99% is intended for cruisers.

I found out this year there will be a motorcycle show in Orlando where the industry, media and the public will share the expo.

Interestingly, both these events will be during the same weekend, the third weekend of October.

There will be a fee for the Expo (group rates applies) and I found out Yamaha has listed in their website they'll be offering demo rides both at Daytona and Orlando.

Suzuki will also be at the expo (showing their new line of bikes) but did not find information if they'll be offering demo rides.

Any interest of going to one or both of these events?

http://biketoberfest.org/

http://www.aimexpousa.com/AIME/AIMExpo.aspx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the post as I am new to FL so I wasn't aware of AIMExpo. It looks pretty interesting and I think I will check it you. Is it just a trade show or can you purchase items there as well? I am like you, I am mostly interested in the demo rides when it comes to Daytona. The people watching can be interesting though.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the post as I am new to FL so I wasn't aware of AIMExpo. It looks pretty interesting and I think I will check it you. Is it just a trade show or can you purchase items there as well? I am like you, I am mostly interested in the demo rides when it comes to Daytona. The people watching can be interesting though.

I hope the public can purchase items. I was reading they wanted to open the trade show to the public, but I'm not sure about sales.

From the list of companies attending, it is big and I believe the organizers are still looking for more companies to participate.

Worse case, at least we could get direct contacts where to buy gear, accessories , etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
ena2a2yb.jpg

Getting much closer and I got two complimentary tickets courtesy of Cycle Gear bike nights (for participating in a slow race).

Initially my plan is to go to Biketoberfest on Friday and to AIMExpo on Saturday.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! I had a friend of mine that was suppose to fly over from VA but I think is going to bail on me... hate when works gets in the way...lol But if you need a riding partner let me know. I can meet you on the way... that would be a perfect excuse to finish the break in on my new cycle. :)

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! I had a friend of mine that was suppose to fly over from VA but I think is going to bail on me... hate when works gets in the way...lol But if you need a riding partner let me know. I can meet you on the way... that would be a perfect excuse to finish the break in on my new cycle. :)

I'll be going for sure with my girlfriend (2 bikes) and, possibly, two new riders (1 more bike).
Of course we can meet anywhere and ride together to Orlando.

Are you also planing to going to Daytona?
If the government shutdown continues up to those days I might even be heading to Daytona on Thursday.

Angel

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure how many of you get emails from Cycle Gear as they sent a coupon code for the AIMExpo:
muqugyga.jpg

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I could manage to take Friday off and ride to Daytona.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

My plan is to take the day off and head to Daytona early morning to register for demo rides, that is one of the things my girlfriend looks for the most out of these events.

I'm still kind of waiting as we are affected by the shutdown but I recently started supporting a new project at work, so I'll see how this goes for next week.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Overall I'm very happy with the Expo. I managed to go there Saturday (the whole day) and Sunday (half a day).

Great show, great crowd, I was able to purchase a couple of things, sign up for a couple of giveaways (4 bikes - free giveaways; 1 bike $10 donation - I did not win; and a $5 donation for a chance to win riding a track bike in a Jennings track day).

Gopro had daily giveaways (two cameras daily) I only got a couple of hats and shirts!!!

On Saturday I had the pleasure to meet Mr. And Mrs. Marthy, at that time we were at the Suzuki both!!!!! Ahahahahaha

On Sunday afternoon I saw the most FZ6's parked in the same area (three including mine and a fourth one by the demo trucks).

On Sunday morning I went to Daytona for a couple of demo rides.

I'll be updating more pictures here but, initially, there dates for next year (same location) are already listed:
eru7evah.jpg