BIKE SEIZED 850 miles

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I would. After all you have been through, I would err on the side of caution! Lol, consider it a 'do over'.

Glad everything worked out as best as it could considering the situation and glad to see the dealer and Yamaha covered ALL the costs! Glad they extended your warranty too.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
This is not a good thing. The bike, under warranty, should have the time it was in the shop extended "in addition to" the time of the actual in service date. This will be established via invoice. Also, that 100 miles should be credited to any mileage limitation expressed in the vehicle warranty. Often this isn't a factor with bikes as their warranty generally has no mileage limitation.

Unless there's a particular law to support that, or a precedent set (there isn't in Canada), it's highly unlikely and certainly not mandatory for the warranty to be extended by either time or mileage just because a bike/car has been in a service department being repaired.
If it was, there would be no end to it and it would be a bureaucratic record nightmare for the manufacturer, dealer and customer to maintain.
You should ALWAYS get a copy of the work order and invoice, regardless of who pays for the repair/service.

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, they extended the warranty, I have the invoice for the repairs and all is well. The question was whether to get it serviced there or not for its "first" service.

jimcisme

Reaction score
Visit site
I would have said yes, take it back. But your experience so far would say otherwise as you did the first service your self before, and they still warranted the bike and gave you no flack about the oil and filter you used to do it. Really I woud say "Whatever blows ur dress up." Right?:D

Jim

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, they extended the warranty, I have the invoice for the repairs and all is well. The question was whether to get it serviced there or not for its "first" service.

Fantastic! Frankly, I'm amazed that Yamaha extended your warranty. I can only assume that Yamaha USA understands Customer Service, because Yamaha Canada most certainly does not. ;)
If I blow up my FZ6, I hope I do it in Florida.

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
Hooray!!!

Quick Update---Bike now is pushing 3000 miles and running great!! Yup...they're pretty fast too!

wick001

Reaction score
Visit site
I just read this whole thread...Crazy story man. I'm glad everything worked out for you!

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I just read the whole thread also. First time I've heard of an engine on these things crapping out. I guess with anything you will get one bad apple in the bunch once in a while. These engines are pretty rock solid.