Bike is only 3 days old!! and already Bad news

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess what bothers me the most is he lied to you about it. If he'd just been honest when you pulled up and said "I'm sorry. I dropped your bike and I'll fix it." then it would have all been cool.

That sucks though... Ask in the mods section or post an ad in the classifieds here because a bunch of people likely have some signals laying around after converting to flushies. People here have been known to give them away if you pay the shipping. Someone must have a signal. The brake pedal can be bought at Ron Ayers for fairly cheap money. If it was just bent and you can bend it back, I wouldn't trust it for very long.

What ever the costs are, just ask Dad to cover them for you and he should.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Dropping a bike...there should be a motorcycle protection services (MPS) or something. You know, something like Child Protection Services (CPS). It should be a CRIME to drop a 3-day old bike. OMG.

vinpub

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats really bad news. I know how hard it must have been - especially when it is only 3 days old, and its your dad...
But its past now and you seemed to have gotten over it quickly - so that's good. Keep that attitude.:thumbup:
I would suggest investing in frame sliders before you fix anything else. Small investment but it will go a long way. I dropped my bike the next day i got it but had the frame sliders on and there was no visible damage except on the slider. Lucky me.;)
My suggestion would be to fix minimally what you need - such as break pedal, lights etc while you are still practicing. Down the road you will be upgrading/changing things anyway.
Good luck.

VoS

Open to advice
Reaction score
Visit site
Hah, why kick the dads ars? He should kick his own for letting somebody else ride his bike. It's kinda like wives, would you let the guy next door ride yours????:thumbup:

Tis a great point...except for one thing...I am unable to legally drive my bike. And the area that is safest for me to practice is a bit far away and I just do not fully trust my skills so I need someone who is able and experienced to get it there. It's kinda of like wives, they may look nice standing there all pretty in the sun and I could admire from a far, but If i don't know what to do with her I'll just be Admiring and nothing else. And she won't be around for long. ;)

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate, get him to fix it or rather he should have done so voluntarily. Hell, get the watsens from him. I didn't even ride my bike without frame sliders except when I test rode it.

Comet

Reaction score
Visit site
Hah, why kick the dads ars? He should kick his own for letting somebody else ride his bike. It's kinda like wives, would you let the guy next door ride yours????:thumbup:
Shoot yeah, but he has at least gotta pay the power billl for me.

hammerheadshadow

Reaction score
Visit site
My my my, that is a peculiar family situation. It is your DAD after all, don't be mad at him for that. Stuff happens. Nothing major. Salesman dropped my bike and broke off the FZ6 brake lever while loading it for delivery. Does that make you feel any better now?:D

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
I let my dad borrow my FZ6 all the time. I know that if he dropped my bike he would be paying for every single repair.

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be sharing brand new FZ6 with my boy (19). I would say in ratio 1:10 but we already have a problem. I like it so much that there might be one more in plans. That would screw up insurance situation though.
Startup idea was about insurance. I had to help my boy to get a bike. He would be paying 3- 3.5 grand for insurance yearly. With me in the picture as primary driver (owner) it is 1011 for both of us. If I buy another bike we are at square one.
Don't be mad at your old man. He must feel like s... anyway. Just fix the damage and go on with rides. It is part of learning experience.

Zack

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
It's too bad that your Dad felt the need to lie. Mine did the same many years ago when I entered the Armed Services. Story has it from Mom, he dumped my V45 Sabre and had it repaired -- never told me until it came out years later after I sold the bike.

If it would make you feel better, you could take his car for spin and have the same 'loss of memory'. :D

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be sharing brand new FZ6 with my boy (19). I would say in ratio 1:10 but we already have a problem. I like it so much that there might be one more in plans. That would screw up insurance situation though.
Startup idea was about insurance. I had to help my boy to get a bike. He would be paying 3- 3.5 grand for insurance yearly. With me in the picture as primary driver (owner) it is 1011 for both of us. If I buy another bike we are at square one.
Don't be mad at your old man. He must feel like s... anyway. Just fix the damage and go on with rides. It is part of learning experience.

Zack

HOLY CRAP that is expensive, I pay $22 a month for full coverage through allstate.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My my my, that is a peculiar family situation. It is your DAD after all, don't be mad at him for that. Stuff happens. Nothing major. Salesman dropped my bike and broke off the FZ6 brake lever while loading it for delivery. Does that make you feel any better now?:D

Ahhh... but did he lie about it and not fix it for you? ;)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's too bad that your Dad felt the need to lie. Mine did the same many years ago when I entered the Armed Services. Story has it from Mom, he dumped my V45 Sabre and had it repaired -- never told me until it came out years later after I sold the bike.

If it would make you feel better, you could take his car for spin and have the same 'loss of memory'. :D

At least he fixed it for you though! :D