My bike is done!

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
Normally I'm not one to significantly modify my vehicles, but I've always wanted an HID setup. After getting a new car which had factory HIDs, I knew I "needed" them for my bike. After talking to Fizzer6, I shipped out my headlights, and within a week I had them back. While he had them I also had him install some pod lights. If I get the time, I'll try to take some pics of the cutoff tonight after work. Take my word for it though, they are BRIGHT!

Once I did the headlights I figured, what the heck, I plan on keeping this bike for a long time. Since I'm all about safety, I added a motodynamic tail light and spliced them into my existing turn signals for added visibility. I just completed everything today and I think I can finally say I'm finished with my modifications! Not a single light is stock but they offer better visibility than stock as I have 2 front and 2 rear turn signals. Here's the result! A big thanks to Fizzer6 for his help and very professional work. If you didn't know about bikes you would think the HIDs are the stock lighting system, they look that good!

IMG_0627.jpg

Final product

IMG_0628.jpg

The HIDs have a VERY CLEAN cutoff. It looks like there's a lot of glare in this picture because it's a crappy cell phone pic. The HIDs don't blind other drivers.

IMG_0704.jpg

Parking lights

IMG_0705.jpg

Front turn signal. The pod lights and turn signal alternate their flashing when the turn signals are on.

IMG_0651.jpg

My camera can't capture the LED taillight for some reason. Needless to say, the entire tail light is lit, it just doesn't show in the picture.

IMG_0708-Copy.jpg

Rear turn signal with integrated sequential turn signal. Again, the camera has a hard time capturing the LED taillight.

IMG_0700.jpg

My two babies!

EDIT: Here's some pics of the cutoff I took tonight.
IMG_0709.jpg

Low beam

IMG_0711.jpg

Another low beam shot

IMG_0710.jpg

High beam!

Last edited:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's awesome - looks good. I agree with you - once you go HID, it's HID you'll need on every vehicle. Looks sharp!

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
did you black out the reflectors? Looks sick!

When the signals are off are the pod lights running lights?

Did Fizzer6 do the mod? I have been on Rabbitman's thread and talking to him about retro fitting my head light.

Looks dope though man! id love to have that done on my bike.

Last edited:

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
did you black out the reflectors? Looks sick!

When the signals are off are the pod lights running lights?

Did Fizzer6 do the mod? I have been on Rabbitman's thread and talking to him about retro fitting my head light.

Looks dope though man! id love to have that done on my bike.
No reflectors on the rear other than the ones on the license plate.

Yep, the pod lights are both running lights and turn signals. They look and work great.

Yep Fizzer6 did the work. If you go with him you won't be disappointed!

Sorry about the links going bad guys, I got them fixed. Here are some pics of the HID cutoff I took tonight. I'll add them to the first post as well!
IMG_0709.jpg

Low beam

IMG_0711.jpg

Another low beam shot

IMG_0710.jpg

High beam!

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great!

Can't help noticing that there's absolutely no light right in front of the bike. There seems to be a cutoff at the top and the bottom. Is it the case or a picture issue? There should be some light about 2-3 meters ahead if u want to see potholes and other road traps.

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great!

Can't help noticing that there's absolutely no light right in front of the bike. There seems to be a cutoff at the top and the bottom. Is it the case or a picture issue? There should be some light about 2-3 meters ahead if u want to see potholes and other road traps.

That's a product of the foreground limiter on the projectors. A google search of hid foreground limiter will turn up some good results. Basically, hids are so bright that if you allow all that light to hit the ground right in front of you it's going to constrict your pupils and seriously hurt your distance vision. The foreground limiter creates a cutoff on the ground a few feet away from the bike to help with distant vision. There is light right in front of the bike, but it's not blinding like it would be if it was full intensity light. The picture makes it seem darker than it really is. My car doesn't have foreground limiters and I can easily tell the difference, I can see further and more clearly on my bike. There's enough light immediately in front of the bike to see whatever hazard is there. Besides, at highway speeds can you even react fast enough to something 6 feet in front of you? I think not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk