Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike looks great! :rockon:

On the 4th photo I noticed your sight glass looks like the the oil is over filled. Because it's on the side stand I would think no show or very little oil would show?

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike looks great! :rockon:

On the 4th photo I noticed your sight glass looks like the the oil is over filled. Because it's on the side stand I would think no show or very little oil would show?

Thanks for the comp. You are right about the oil level......need to drain a little bit out. Good eye!

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
You even got some nice new grippy tires I see! That is one beautiful finished project. If that was my bike, I would cry if even a bird pooped on it.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You even got some nice new grippy tires I see! That is one beautiful finished project. If that was my bike, I would cry if even a bird pooped on it.

Thx!......the tires feel drastically different from the diablo's. I will be curious to see how they hold up over time.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The link shows the work I did to it......over a period of two months. Had in pieces alot during that time.:D

That's what threw me off.. you said "new tail section" and "new inner cowling".. why would you replace those? :don'tknow:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's what threw me off.. you said "new tail section" and "new inner cowling".. why would you replace those? :don'tknow:

There were minor blemishes and I am a very particular, or is it peculiar individual.:BLAA: The tail section had chips in the paint from little rocks thrown from the back tire, I suppose. The right hand fairing had a discolored spot about the size of half a dime under the handlebar area.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There were minor blemishes and I am a very particular, or is it peculiar individual.:BLAA:

The phrase you're looking for is "anal retentive" :BLAA:

Can't blame you though.. it's a hot bike and it deserves to be in best shape possible. Looks killer!! :thumbup:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
here's my thumbs up for a very very good job (i bet patience is your virtue!) to be honest, i don t know which i like best. i dig the gold wheels and forks on the before pic, but the silver rad shrouds and foot pegs were out of place, the after version is more complete and unified in terms of colour. i would have left the gold wheels and forks for some accent. the led lights and indicators i love. i have the same indicators on my fz6 and they are the best set i have installed. they are very bright.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gawd Justin! It looks fabulous! Good job :thumbup:

Thanks Brenda. I really like your new avatar.:thumbup: Been using Ubuntu for a long while now. Going to try the new Mint 13. I hear it is a fantastic OS. Long live Linux! Wait, maybe you just like penguins. :eek:

Last edited:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
here's my thumbs up for a very very good job (i bet patience is your virtue!) to be honest, i don t know which i like best. i dig the gold wheels and forks on the before pic, but the silver rad shrouds and foot pegs were out of place, the after version is more complete and unified in terms of colour. i would have left the gold wheels and forks for some accent. the led lights and indicators i love. i have the same indicators on my fz6 and they are the best set i have installed. they are very bright.

Thanks for the thumbs up. I think if Yamaha would have stayed consistent with the silver for forks and rims (and the SAME color silver, unlike the two different gold colors) like on the radiator, rearsets and passenger foot brackets - it would have looked sweet. For some reason, I just don't like the gold with graphite. I think it would look GREAT with black, though. :Flash: