Bike in the House + Rizoma RearSets + PICS

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
is grinding pegs reall a sign of bad technique? after a year of riding, i've never touched down on the pegs, granted i removed the feelers a couple months ago. but i've never dragged any hard parts. am i doing something right or not turning enough?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
is grinding pegs reall a sign of bad technique? after a year of riding, i've never touched down on the pegs, granted i removed the feelers a couple months ago. but i've never dragged any hard parts. am i doing something right or not turning enough?

Not turning enough? Did you run wide off the road? If so, then you should have turned more.... :D

Going all out at track speeds:

On the FZ6, you should be draggin' knee before you're draggin' the pegs. Wavex was referring to the fact that you can reduce lean angle for a given speed/corner by using proper body positioning. Keep in mind, the sidestand drags at the same time the left peg does....:eek:...not good...I have to remove mine for track days.

When it comes to going fast, lean angle and draggin' hard parts are the enemy. The more upright the bike, the more throttle you can use. :cool:

At the beginning of last summer I was draggin' my pegs a lot and Knew I was doing something wrong. After a while, I wasn't draggin' anything because my body position improved...then I got faster and started draggin' stuff again....then I got some clipons and was no longer draggin' stuff because I was able to take my body position to the next level....then I got faster and started draggin' pegs in certain corners with about 1/4" of chicken strip left up front...that's when I decided I should get some rearsets..........:thumbup:
________
DevMichaels live

Last edited: