bike backed into

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn I just read about the knock over, this sucks.
I hope the card gives you a lead on the culprit and that repairs are minor

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
Fuel no chance there other than the ground as you mentioned earlier. Oil however can be very damaging if it leaks past the oil rings into the combustion chamber. Oil does not compress, during those initial cranks, it can bend rods and break pistons.
Did it smoke a bunch when you started it? Blue Smoke... ... ... That would be the indicator oil made it past the rings.

Why do you ask?

bike felt a little sluggish, at least it kind of felt like it was, unless it was all in my head since I was a bit pissed off.... no smoke at all, sound it like any bike with 2 bros exhaust

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
Argh! What a kick in the guts!
I hope you give your bike lots of bed rest and hugs, along with a liberal dosage of spare parts.

This happened to a co worker. Another co worker had walked straight past the bike to enter the car, backed into it, and would've driven off if they hadn't be flagged down by a passerby.

He also received the "Its just a bike" comment.

A lot of people don't check their rear view when backing up!:eek:

Road parking is a last resort. When I can, either designated bike parking, or I do a cheeky between the bollards/tree/void spot where possible.

Frustration!:(

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread brings up a good point: Why do most bike covers come only in gray and black? Gray and black is the color of pavement and makes your bike harder to see when parked with the cover on. I would rather have a bright yellow cover if I had to park in a city.

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
I really don't think the color had much to do with this, they just backed into it without paying attention, what if there was a kid standing there, should he be waving a yellow flag just to get someone's attention? And a yellow cover might lure in more meter-maids

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
bike will be looked at adjuster next week, should I drop it off at a bike shop and have them go thru the bike ( $95, this is out of my pocket) and have the adjuster go there or should I just have him come to the house?

sloring

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you done your own little investigation? Surely there are names and addressed printed on the insurance card. Take a trip over there and have a talk with the owner. Maybe you could have handle this without getting insurance involved????

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about it and if they really wanted me to get in touch with them, than writing a phone number would of made things that much easier. Maybe they didn't want me to reach out and just deal with insurance company to make things smoother. I still don't know if the card is of the person responsible for it.