Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

thorpe

Reaction score
Visit site
This may be a stupid question but here goes. You guys mentioned baking the HLA at 200 degrees for 20 - 25 mins... Would that be Fahrenheit or Centigrade? :confused: Did you preheat the oven or just put the HLA in and then turn it on. I am kinda freaked out to do this... Also, I do not have any glue to seal the lens. Is it possible to buy some? Or can I just heat it up again and press together with the old glue? Any suggestions?

04efi

Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard of people just reheating the lense and putting it back together. If you ask me I would rather clean and apply new glue do to the fact of heating it up makes me nervous. Something about baking anything on the bike scares the **** out of me. Dunno why.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine wouldn't fit in the oven so I used a heat gun,you can control it better I reckon,unless the kids get hold of it ,but thats another story :rolleyes:

I re-glued mine with the glue that came with the kit :thumbup:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
This may be a stupid question but here goes. You guys mentioned baking the HLA at 200 degrees for 20 - 25 mins... Would that be Fahrenheit or Centigrade? :confused: Did you preheat the oven or just put the HLA in and then turn it on. I am kinda freaked out to do this... Also, I do not have any glue to seal the lens. Is it possible to buy some? Or can I just heat it up again and press together with the old glue? Any suggestions?

Fahrenheit.

We were kinda weirded out by it too, but it worked! We added a little glue to it when we put it back together but left the factory stuff.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
This may be a stupid question but here goes. You guys mentioned baking the HLA at 200 degrees for 20 - 25 mins... Would that be Fahrenheit or Centigrade? :confused:
no stupid questions. it is a pretty international forum. i did 200 Fahrenheit and it worked fine. 200 cel would be close to 400 degrees and that would scare me quite a bit.
Did you preheat the oven or just put the HLA in and then turn it on. I am kinda freaked out to do this...
and i preheated the oven. once it got to temp i put the HLA in for about 20 min. and i think if you read through, almost all of us were pretty freaked out the first time we stuck a hunk of plastic in the oven. :eek:
Also, I do not have any glue to seal the lens. Is it possible to buy some? Or can I just heat it up again and press together with the old glue? Any suggestions?
my kit came with glue. some did just reheat theirs and use the existing glue so it is possible. i don't know specifically what the glue is called but if you have an auto parts store near by they should be able to help you out. maybe someone else will jump in from the forum and know how to guide you better.

I've heard of people just reheating the lense and putting it back together. If you ask me I would rather clean and apply new glue do to the fact of heating it up makes me nervous. Something about baking anything on the bike scares the **** out of me. Dunno why.
i used new glue but didn't clean the old glue off. call me lazy. but that glue that's on it is sticky and i couldn't imagine taking the time to get all that stuff off. now if there's a product out there that will help remove it and not melt the plastic i say go for it. it'd be a much cleaner job.

as far as baking them a few times... if you read up some i put one of my projectors in wrong and had to bake my HLA a second time with the projectors in it. everything turned out fine. 200 degrees F for about 20 minutes and there were no issues.

good luck you two. let us know how it turns out.

MaxRyan

Reaction score
Visit site
I just finished my retro with fx's and 10 minutes at 200*f was plenty, i didn't even preheat. I have had car headlights in the oven before when i retroed my integra so i was not too worried.

04efi

Reaction score
Visit site
This makes me torn to go naked or to put these on my bike. OH OH OH WHAT TO DO!!!

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, i want to do these SOOO bad.. but with them costing $199, and me having $00.99, i dont see it happening.. darn.. :(

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
hey the seller is accepting offers. IMO for $150 -200 they are even cheaper than what it takes to collect individual parts and fit one. The kit comes with everything. Only thing required is open up your headlight casing and slip in.

CCFL Halo, HID slim ballast and bulbs, bi-xenon projectors.

IMO it will cost almost $150 to get all parts and another $50-100 for the HIDs.

This one is cheaper plus comes with all brackets required.

Last edited:

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
hey the seller is accepting offers. IMO for $150 -200 they are even cheaper than what it takes to collect individual parts and fit one. The kit comes with everything. Only thing required is open up your headlight casing and slip in.

CCFL Halo, HID slim ballast and bulbs, bi-xenon projectors.

IMO it will cost almost $150 to get all parts and another $50-100 for the HIDs.

This one is cheaper plus comes with all brackets required.

The kits we have been purchasing include everything except ballasts. They do not include a switch as is listed in the auction you linked, but seriously, that isn't worth the extra $50. However, having a US source that already busted up a set of H4's and H7's is going to be a huge convenience for those who can't find someone to split a kit.

two of these and one set of H4's and one set of H7's here for a total of just under $240 shipped and you have a complete set for the FZ6 plus a complete set (minus ballasts) to sell to someone else for about $80, netting a savings of $40 by my math.

Not a huge savings, but if you can work out the logistics, is worth it.

htdub

Reaction score
Visit site
DDMTuning kits look like every other off the shelf HID kit but with DDMTuning stickers slapped on.

The kits come with everything except slim ballast. A toggle switch is $2 at a electronics store.

I don't know why you would want to toggle the halo's, they aren't that visible when the hid's are on.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
DDMTuning kits look like every other off the shelf HID kit but with DDMTuning stickers slapped on.

The kits come with everything except slim ballast. A toggle switch is $2 at a electronics store.

I don't know why you would want to toggle the halo's, they aren't that visible when the hid's are on.

maybe if you had red halos.... or if you wanted to turn them on with the key off... I dunno other than that.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Bi-Xenon projectors kit

As I just posted on another HID thread....

Has anyone tried the FZ6 kit available from sportbikelites?

SPORTBIKELITES FZ6 kit

PROJECTOR HID CCFL HALO Eyes Feature:
DUAL HI/LOW IN EACH PROJECTOR
CCFL technology. (Cold Cathod Fluorescent Tubing) AROUND EACH PROJECTOR
4 COLOR OF CCFL TO CHOOSE FROM RED,BLUE,GREEN AND WHITE
8000K HID LIGHTING IN SIDE OF EACH PROJECTOR
2 SUPERSLIM BALLESTS
Stunning look with PROJECTOR HID AND CCFL HALO EYES
A toggle switch that can be mounted almost anywhere so that ccfl Halo can be turned on or off with a flip of the switch, even if the bike is turned off.
1 year manufacturer limited WARRANTY
Includes technical support phone number for any installation questions
THIS IS A BOLT IN KIT NO SPECIAL MODIFICATIONS NEEDED
Will turn heads, these are amazing!

Looks like a decent deal for everything including slim ballasts, but I have no idea if the product is decent or garbage. Actually, I'm unemployed right now and can't buy this, but someday I'd like to have bi-xenon lights on my FZ6!

Here's one of their eBay listings:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMA...orcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4393wt_1018

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
i am interested to get these bi-xenon projector with angel eye.. but i am not too much of a diy person, scared the results wont be good, any1 interested to take up the project for me? :)

BlackGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Bi-Xenon projectors kit

As I just posted on another HID thread....

Has anyone tried the FZ6 kit available from sportbikelites?

SPORTBIKELITES FZ6 kit

Looks like a decent deal for everything including slim ballasts, but I have no idea if the product is decent or garbage. Actually, I'm unemployed right now and can't buy this, but someday I'd like to have bi-xenon lights on my FZ6!

Here's one of their eBay listings:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMA...orcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4393wt_1018

I just bought a pair off ebay today from those guys. I will post once I do the install.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
i am interested to get these bi-xenon projector with angel eye.. but i am not too much of a diy person, scared the results wont be good, any1 interested to take up the project for me? :)

Shouldn't be too hard. Their ebay ad says:

THIS IS A BOLT IN KIT NO SPECIAL MODIFICATIONS NEEDED
***KIT CAN BE DONE BY THE ADVERAGE PERSON***

Yes, I'm mocking the spelling mistake.... :)

I wonder if they offer the kit with different color temperature bulbs, as I think that I'd like something lower than 8000k, since I don't want my bike to look too ricey.