krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
haha. need to heat the headlight to remove the lights, waterproof it etc right? dont think i am up to it. i might as well just purchase another headlight and add these angel eyes in, if someone is willing to do the project for me. :)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
haha. need to heat the headlight to remove the lights, waterproof it etc right? dont think i am up to it. i might as well just purchase another headlight and add these angel eyes in, if someone is willing to do the project for me. :)

What's so difficult about putting the headlight assembly in your oven for 15min??? 200deg is no where near hot enough to melt or ruin anything and all it does is soften the glue to make taking the lens cover off a snap! Heating it was the easiest part of the mod!! :thumbup:

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Liking this one.... Maybe time for the FZ1 to get the same treatment? ;)

Don't think it looks that good with the FZ1 compared to the FZ6 since FZ6 has more cat like slim headlights like the R1. FZ1 has more squarish so don't think it will look that great - will disturb the look

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
What's so difficult about putting the headlight assembly in your oven for 15min??? 200deg is no where near hot enough to melt or ruin anything and all it does is soften the glue to make taking the lens cover off a snap! Heating it was the easiest part of the mod!! :thumbup:
cos i dont have a oven so big! that's the biggest problem! no1 i know have such a big oven too..

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
I know, that was the joke, mate! The other guy is from singapore! You crazy foreigners with your tiny little ovens and your lack of gluttonous holidays.:BLAA:
you forgot to mention, tiny little oven in a tiny little house!

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok - Pretty keen to do this mod. Just read the whole thread last night. Will no doubt read it again, plus each individuals write ups.

Now a couple of things I didn't come across (or have just forgotten already) - The Angel Eyes are effectively just the Parking Lights, they come on with the pod lights. Correct? I can only see a few posts from people of pics looking AT the bike. I'm guessing that when the projectors are on you can't really see the Angel Eyes???

Another question for everyone - Can you wire up the lights so JUST the angel eyes come on during the day, then you have to switch the low beam lights on at night.

Probably now a question just for the Aussies - Is the above legal? Can we ride during the day, with just parkers (angel eyes) on? I've tried to read the specifics of ADR 19/01 and ADR 19/02, but can't seem to find the full documents.

I'll probably do it anyway, just throught the Angel Eyes would look cool on their own.

Ian

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Ok - Pretty keen to do this mod. Just read the whole thread last night. Will no doubt read it again, plus each individuals write ups.

Now a couple of things I didn't come across (or have just forgotten already) - The Angel Eyes are effectively just the Parking Lights, they come on with the pod lights. Correct? I can only see a few posts from people of pics looking AT the bike. I'm guessing that when the projectors are on you can't really see the Angel Eyes???

Another question for everyone - Can you wire up the lights so JUST the angel eyes come on during the day, then you have to switch the low beam lights on at night.

Probably now a question just for the Aussies - Is the above legal? Can we ride during the day, with just parkers (angel eyes) on? I've tried to read the specifics of ADR 19/01 and ADR 19/02, but can't seem to find the full documents.

I'll probably do it anyway, just throught the Angel Eyes would look cool on their own.

Ian

Yes, you can wire the HID's to a switch to allow the Angel Eyes to be your driving lights during daytime hours. You would want to install a simple single pole single throw (SPST) switch on the factory low beam positive wire. This would act as an interrupt switch and would not affect any of the other functionality. The HID system works on a relay system. Your factory wiring is only used as a trigger for the relay and then power is pulled direct from your battery/charging system through new, thicker wires to actually power the HID's themselves. I considered doing just what you had in mind but changed my mind on the side of caution. It does look amazing with only pod lights and Angel eyes. Especially if you swap your pods for white led bulbs like my avatar picture.

SirG

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to wonder if there is anyone that hates the single light low and single hi beam on this bike?

Is there anyone out there that would like to have both sides hi and low without having to mod anything. Just a direct fit system without cutting or splicing any wires?

I think I can have something manufactured that would cost the end user less then $100 U.S.

I just have to wonder if I'm the only one looking for a fix and not have to spend over $200

SirG

Reaction score
Visit site
Let me know if this is something you think you would use. If there is a demand I will request the production.