Bi-xenon projector mod...

hergele

Reaction score
Visit site
For a long time I had been searching on internet about xenon application with lens kit. After I red different articles and observed some applications, I believed myself and detached my headlamp
Firstly, let me write you down my references below
* SBN
* Gece uçuşu (night flight)
* Fazertürkiye(Fazer fun site of Turkey)
Before dismantling, I collected all equipments I need. My motorcycle rested a few days like this.
First products were lenses which I bought from Sahibinden.com. This web site is operating in Turkey and similar to eBay. They cost me about 25 USD if you wish to have a look at them
item is here
img4532ao6dn2.jpg

img4534er0ik2.jpg

Low beam is shown below,
img4542bd0pj4.jpg

Pictures below show the position when bright lights is on (lights for far distance).As you can see, due to the curtain inside raised, headlamp emits light to higher level
img4541zy9lq5.jpg

img4543lh4gc3.jpg

Together with these lenses, there is only one type of xenon bulb which is D2S. Again I searched on internet and found a good deal for a 4300K kit on eBay then bought it.
Here it is
It was delivered in ten days after my payment and cost me around AU $ 83 delivery is included.
img4622kc2oy3.jpg

img4624ym5qy7.jpg

When I got everything I need, I dismantled the whole front section of my motorcycle and brought it to my house, then I separated lamp from other section. Here a sticky plastic joins lamp room and as I couldn’t find as big oven as I need, I opened lamp room by using hot air gun. During this time my hands were so dusty so I skipped taking picture.

hergele

Reaction score
Visit site
img4972gk1se0.jpg

img4976xq4tw3.jpg

After opening the lamp room, I unscrewed 3 screws which affix the lamp mirrors to the lamp room and separated mirrors. Behind the mirrors there are two little yoke, I separated them from the mirrors and fixed to a piece of metal plate as you can see below. In this way mirrors are replaced by lenses. After that I can adjust the angle of the lenses. At this point you must be careful with that; on the wall, the top line of the light must be parallel to the ground. Because after you finish everything if you notice that angle of the lens is not right it will be too late.

img4978et8ko7.jpg

img4979bb5zt6.jpg

Finally, to prevent sides of lenses being seen from outside, I covered lenses with aluminium plate. Some of you may prefer lense surrounded by something dark but I wanted them to be bright and visible so left them grey. After everything was completed, I closed the lamp room by using hot air gun.

In this way, as left and right lights work not only low beam but also high beam, so I joined the cables of ballast and put in on the socket of short bulb. I also joined the cables of engines just above the lenses and put them on the socket of long bulb. As the assembly of ballast is identical to other xenon kits, there is no need to mention about it.
img5667vq8qk2.jpg

img5668ht7os1.jpg

img5669na1vm1.jpg

img5714mn0ym8.jpg

img5789rv6ve1.jpg

img5790pq0pm2.jpg

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! This mod was what I had in mind. Glad to see you executed to perfection.

Please show a close up shot of the projector and how it sit within the housing.

Thanks.