Bi-Xenon projector conversion on stock FZ6N headlamp?

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Figured I could start my own thread, as not to hijack Gozilla's.

I have searched around for it, but I can't find anyone that have fitted Bi-xenon projectors in their stock FZ6N headlamp.

Therefore, I figure it's best to ask here if anyone know the difference (if any) in the lamp's depths between the naked version and the faired version?

I have done my share of xenon conversions on previous cars, but I know for a fact that proper projectors is way better as my current car has bi-xenon projector lamps. My other cars had reflectors, similar to the bike's headlamp. So, if it's possible, I might want to try to fit a real reflector:thumbup:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, but I've allready read that thread. Don't help me much as I have the stock headlight for the naked version. Not the faired one. Hence, I need some comparisons of difference in depth in the headlights between the faired and naked versions, in order to know if a similar projector will fit just as "easily" on my bike:thumbup:

Imagine a single projector in the stock fz6n headlight unit, with black painted reflector/background. Could be cool, I think!

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know much about the naked version.

But if it has H4 socket and has enough room to fit this projector, the answer would be yes.

b2fb_1_sbl.JPG

You don't have to mod the reflector at all. Just open the headlight housing, unplug the H4 bulb and plug this projector in.

As i know, this projector can even fit a YAMAHA JOG.

If you don't like the angel eye look, just leave the wire unplugged.

Last edited:

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Here

Only problem is, that you only get 2 of the same bulb size. So you are going to have to make the H4 fit the H7 hole. Or buy two kits like Gozilla did. I think we can make the H4 fit the H7 though.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool news:

I've been in contact with one of the leading retailers of retrofit xenon kits in Norway about this. They hadn't heard of plug and play projectors like this, but they wanted to find out more via their contacts in China.

So they did, and initially they wanted to give me one projector, a bulb and a ballast at cost price, but I turned that down. Instead, I proposed that they rather give me the stuff in exchange for the information about the products, and that I put their sticker on my bike. I will also take some professional photos of the bike, which they can use as they want on their website. Potentially, they will increase their turn over drastically because of me if they take this in, and as I said to them; I bear the risk of damaging my headlamp unit. They don't have to worry about things like that.

They agreed:thumbup: I don't know when the projector will arrive, but my best guess is within two-three weeks time.

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool news:

I've been in contact with one of the leading retailers of retrofit xenon kits in Norway about this. They hadn't heard of plug and play projectors like this, but they wanted to find out more via their contacts in China.

So they did, and initially they wanted to give me one projector, a bulb and a ballast at cost price, but I turned that down. Instead, I proposed that they rather give me the stuff in exchange for the information about the products, and that I put their sticker on my bike. I will also take some professional photos of the bike, which they can use as they want on their website. Potentially, they will increase their turn over drastically because of me if they take this in, and as I said to them; I bear the risk of damaging my headlamp unit. They don't have to worry about things like that.

They agreed:thumbup: I don't know when the projector will arrive, but my best guess is within two-three weeks time.

Thats pretty good news.

Waiting for your pics mate. ;)