Conversion bi-xenon retrofit in Europe RHD some questions, help

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
I have some doubts that I can't solve searching the forum so I ask for your help:

Baking the headlight in the oven at 200º we are talking of degrees Celsius, Kelvin, Fahrenheit...

I'm from Portugal, Right Hand Drive, in your conversion you had attention or bypass this point?

The only place in Europe I could find selling bi-xenon projectors it's Xenon projector, ballast, lamp - Retrofitlab, but they seem to be pricey compared to the ebay ones. Do you know other places in Europe selling them or have any good feedback from some model or seller from ebay?

I'm trying to buy in Europe because of the taxes but if there's a big difference in price for the same article I may import it.

Anyone with the headlight plástic burnt in the place the xenon focus?

Thank you!

3726-how-much-veloster-headlamp-should-i-go-kdm-lhdvsrhd.jpg

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
200F.

I believe Portugal is LHD = the steering wheel is on the left side of the car / drive on the right side of the road

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
200F.

I believe Portugal is LHD = the steering wheel is on the left side of the car / drive on the right side of the road

no, I'm from Portugal! it's Right Hand Drive!
File:Countries driving on the left or right.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

200º Fahrenheit = 93.33º Celsius

any feedback about the projectors?

Thank you

As Matt said LHD means left hand drive and refers to the car and means that the steering wheel is on the left hand side of the car, and therefore you drive on the right. Good luck :thumbup:

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
As Matt said LHD means left hand drive and refers to the car and means that the steering wheel is on the left hand side of the car, and therefore you drive on the right. Good luck :thumbup:

NO, LHD and RHD means "The terms right-hand traffic and left-hand traffic refer to regulations requiring all bidirectional traffic, unless otherwise directed, to keep either to the right or the left side of the road, respectively."
you may drive a British car and in Portugal you will drive RHD but the car has the steering on the right side!

But we are talking about motorcycles here, I know where is the steering wheel! I want to know about the beam pattern, if that was considered in the installation of the projectors or if it is irrelevant, aiming the projectors is enough to get the right pattern!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry only trying to help, I have no experience with the projectors myself, I hope someone else can help you out there :thumbup:

The lighting pattern you need is the one marked LHD on your picture, as the light should go off and up into the side of the road (so you don't blind any oncoming traffic)

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
NO, LHD and RHD means "The terms right-hand traffic and left-hand traffic refer to regulations requiring all bidirectional traffic, unless otherwise directed, to keep either to the right or the left side of the road, respectively."

LHD-Left Hand Drive
RHD-Right Hand Drive

That is referring to the actual vehicle, not traffic or anything else.

Confusion aside, you want to aim your projectors so the one with the higher beam is pointing to the ditch, not into oncoming traffic, as per the photo you posted you want the LHD setup, meaning your car travels on the right side of the road and you sit on the left side inside the car, obviously on a motorcycle you sit in the middle of the vehicle.

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
LHD-Left Hand Drive
RHD-Right Hand Drive

That is referring to the actual vehicle, not traffic or anything else.

Confusion aside, you want to aim your projectors so the one with the higher beam is pointing to the ditch, not into oncoming traffic, as per the photo you posted you want the LHD setup, meaning your car travels on the right side of the road and you sit on the left side inside the car, obviously on a motorcycle you sit in the middle of the vehicle.

no
what I want is on my first post... I don't have projectors yet!

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Right- and left-hand traffic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down to "Terminology" section...

With a few minor exceptions, each country specifies a uniform road traffic flow: left-hand traffic (LHT), in which traffic keeps to the left side of the road, or right-hand traffic (RHT), in which traffic keeps to the right.

Vehicles are usually manufactured in left-hand drive (LHD) and right-hand drive (RHD) configurations, referring to the placement of the driving seat and controls within the vehicle. Typically, the placement of the steering wheel is on the offside of the vehicle: LHT countries generally require use of RHD vehicles, and RHT countries generally require use of LHD vehicles.

As far as the site you mentioned in your first post, that looks like the European equivalent of theretrofitsource.com - it appears to be selling the same kit as the Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 kit, which has gotten positive reviews from many members on this site.

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
Right- and left-hand traffic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down to "Terminology" section...

With a few minor exceptions, each country specifies a uniform road traffic flow: left-hand traffic (LHT), in which traffic keeps to the left side of the road, or right-hand traffic (RHT), in which traffic keeps to the right.

Vehicles are usually manufactured in left-hand drive (LHD) and right-hand drive (RHD) configurations, referring to the placement of the driving seat and controls within the vehicle. Typically, the placement of the steering wheel is on the offside of the vehicle: LHT countries generally require use of RHD vehicles, and RHT countries generally require use of LHD vehicles.

As far as the site you mentioned in your first post, that looks like the European equivalent of theretrofitsource.com - it appears to be selling the same kit as the Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 kit, which has gotten positive reviews from many members on this site.

Man, I'm very sorry... big mess I was making around here! I'm really sorry! I was translating RHD and RHT the same way... I'm very ashamed, how can I miss that... damn... :scared:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Retrofit source has a how to pdf guide you can download from their website. As I recall it is 265 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 minutes. Works just like they say it will. As to the quality of trs projectors they are good not worth 3x the cost. Just my .02

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad that got straight !. And the retrofit source is the best place for info. Possibly not price but great info. And if you drive on the left hand side of the road the cutoff pattern should be opposite as well. And that is done with the cut off shield. There may be a simple solution like remove the shield and rotate , but don't take my word for it. There may be some info on hid planet also. And good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
Retrofit source has a how to pdf guide you can download from their website. As I recall it is 265 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 minutes. Works just like they say it will. As to the quality of trs projectors they are good not worth 3x the cost. Just my .02

Hello,
so I understand I might find some nice projectors and cheapest than the ones from the Retrofit Source right?
I realize H1 xenon bulbs are kind of adapted bulbs because I go to the Osram or Philips websites and that kind of bulb don't exist, only like D1S, D1R, D2S, D2R, D3S, D3R, D4S, D4R etc... is this correct? If so, it is possible to use projector like this one in the FZ6, for example:1x New 2 5" Car Motorcycle HID Bi Xenon Headlight Projector Len Lens D2S H4 H7 | eBay I don't understand why the Osram and Philips have that huge base it seems to be kind of a starter?

Osram%20D1S%20Photo2.jpg

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't say the d2s will fit. I called trs and they recommended mini h1's. As you know customer service at trs is stellar. But if you want cheaper mini h1 projectors you can find them from us sellers on Ebay. Advice is to ask the seller for photos of the projector installed projecting a beam so you can get an idea of beam quality

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't say the d2s will fit. I called trs and they recommended mini h1's. As you know customer service at trs is stellar. But if you want cheaper mini h1 projectors you can find them from us sellers on Ebay. Advice is to ask the seller for photos of the projector installed projecting a beam so you can get an idea of beam quality

Thank you for the info,
as I understand the bulbs used can make all the difference in the light output, and using bulbs like Philips or Osram it's kind of a warranty, and H1 I just can find unknown brands and I'm affraid they dissapear from stores!
Another point I read somewhere (I already read dozens of pages) is that the wires to connect all of this have to support 25.000V when the bulb start's... is this true? what kind of wires/cables are needed? I assume the existing power wires cannot be used, we need new wires from battery? :don'tknow:
Thank you!

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Usually they are wired directly to the battery through a relay - the relay uses your stock wiring, so the stock wiring isn't drawing extra current.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
Right. The stock wires will see very little draw as all they will be doing is triggering the relay.

You can get the hids from your choice although I recommend to stay away from cheap eBay type stuff and go with like ddm tuning , vvme, or trs if your looking for higher end

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
so I understand I might find some nice projectors and cheapest than the ones from the Retrofit Source right?
I realize H1 xenon bulbs are kind of adapted bulbs because I go to the Osram or Philips websites and that kind of bulb don't exist, only like D1S, D1R, D2S, D2R, D3S, D3R, D4S, D4R etc... is this correct? If so, it is possible to use projector like this one in the FZ6, for example:1x New 2 5" Car Motorcycle HID Bi Xenon Headlight Projector Len Lens D2S H4 H7 | eBay I don't understand why the Osram and Philips have that huge base it seems to be kind of a starter?

Osram%20D1S%20Photo2.jpg

Take this the right way but alot of what you say above is confusing.. like a smattering of information gathered. This really isn't that complicated!! And H1 bulb is a very common HID bulb. You can source them from many sources including Ebay. Most bulbs can and will outlast your motorcycle. I have an extra set of H1's but expect to never need them.

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
Take this the right way but alot of what you say above is confusing.. like a smattering of information gathered. This really isn't that complicated!! And H1 bulb is a very common HID bulb. You can source them from many sources including Ebay. Most bulbs can and will outlast your motorcycle. I have an extra set of H1's but expect to never need them.

Thank you
I want to do this the better possible but the more I search, more information and advises I found. The last one was about the wires used from battery to ballast, they need to support 25.000V when bulb starts... otherwise could happens sparks along the cable...:Flash: