Best Mods to make my FZ commuter friendly ?

IndyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Mirror extenders made by jblk9695 on this forum have been one of the best, least expensive mods I have done. Much better rear view, now I am not seeing my shoulders in the mirrors.

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride year round, take a few 1000+ mile trips a year and at least one 15k mile trip every other year. My bikes are my primary mode of transport.

Just got the FZ, actually I stole it (from a friend).

Here's my list of things to do\get. Not necessarily in order of commuting importance.

Risers, I'll get a set that comes with their own top clamp so I can get ride of the one piece Yamaha clamp, this will give me some more space to mount crap too, like my all important cup holder. Yes really.

Peg lowers (got buell pegs) Have yet to modify them to fit.

Tankbag, just bought the Axio, but I think I'll stick to my marsee tear drop. Anyone in the market for an Axio tankbag?

Rack, wanted the Shad, couldn't find one so I got the Ventura, then a forum member finally responded to my PM and is sending me his Shad rack and case. Don't need the case as I have a spare GIVI, so the Shad will be up for grabs along with the Ventura setup.

Sometimes I like to go grocery shopping, I've grown accustom to eating. So I threw on my Ortlieb throwover panniers. I have a closet full of soft luggage even though the last dozen bikes I've owned had hard bags. Finally a use for my Ortliebs. They're a great fit and give me an extra 50 or 60 liters of waterproof storage.

Already mounted a ram mount, but I have a few ideas for a nicer mount for the FZ, utilizing the bolt that holds the throttle cable guide in place.

Grip puppies on, heated grips will be mounted sometime this week. Have a set of heat demons sitting in a drawer, only bought it for the super cool switch.

Heated clothing controller mounted. EXO2, just looks slick.

MODS I am planning include

Dual headlight mod (with switch to shut it down when I use my heated grips)

HID kit with angel eyes and pod lights. I plan on using the angel eyes and pod lights as both running lights as well as turn signals. That should save me another 40 or so watts.

I'll be ditching the front signals and using the brackets to hold a set of LED auxiliary driving lights. I have an extra pair of these lying around. The owner is a friend, so if you want a set tell him Eddie sentcha, maybe he'll give you a discount. These are stupidly bright and only draw around 15-20 watts each, about same as what the OEM running lights draw.

Going to try a friends comfort seat and see how I like that, planning on riding this thing down to Miami in a month. Although I do have a spare Alaska leather sheepskin lying around as well as a beadrider. I'll try each of those and see which I like best.

Now back to adding stuff to my list.....