Best full face for glasses?

Doug

Reaction score
Visit site
What's the best full face for glasses? I should have added this earlier . . . that would also be good for sight, ventilation, comfort and noise reduction.

Thanks.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also consider the shape of the temples on the sunglasses. I have Oakley's that work with my HJC but don't work with my Scorpion EXO 1000. I may be able to modify the area that prevents me from putting them on in the EXO 1000. The sunglasses have a curved type temple. My glasses with straight temples work fine with both helmets.
Best to try your particular glasses with your helmet.

Cliff

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I would be inclined to say its got far more to do with the sunglasses than the helmet unless its specifically designed to take them.
I have a pair of oakleys half jackets which I've found great, they don't break easily, give good peripheral vision, and are perfect inside the helmet. Being plastic they bend as needed.
Its worth mentioning though that when I first used to wear them inside the helmet the helmet made them alot tighter, after a while the padding generally wears to accomodate the sunglasses.
Anything up to 80-90km/h I can leave the visor up and the wind doesn't bother me, past that the sunnies stop offering much protection (from the wind). Also being more sports orientated they don't block my peripheral as mentioned above, something that can be deadly on a bike.
My helmet also doesn't have any features for accomodating sunglasses, it just had to :p
Its a HJC Pheonix

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I've used Shoe X-11 and RF1000 with glasses, no problem. Both have a specific channel in the inside padding for glasses. The less of a "hook" the glasses have around the ear, the easier it it to put them in. I have one pair glasses that have rubbery stuff along the ear, and those won't go into a helmet.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I use a flip face Caberg Justissimo which means I can flip it open and put it on without having to take off my glasses.

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought my Arai the guy in the shop said most people with glasses ended up choosing Arai.

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought my Arai the guy in the shop said most people with glasses ended up choosing Arai.

This is a true story, as I'm an anal freak, and have tried on almost every helmet out there.

The Arai is by FAR my favourite for glasses. I wear glasses most of the time and in my Arai (profile) they actually don't even squeeze up against the foam pads at all. It's like it was built with glasses in mind and left a slot on both sides. I've ridden a few 14 hour days and have had no headaches due to pressure points. I would HIGHLY reccomend an Arai.

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Scorpion EXO-700, works fine for my glasses, no problems getting them on or off. I have a couple pairs of Oakley Whisker sunglasses that I can't wear with it though due to their frames bowing out at my temples, but my Flak Jackets work great.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another RF-1000 but as Cliff first stated, it's all about the glasses. I used to have a set of curved, behind the ears bows and they didn't work well with any helmet. I have since bought a pair of Oakley prescription glasses with straight bows. NICE!!! Expensive but well worth it!

*EDIT* I should add that I took my helmet with me and decided in frames that would fit purely based on wearing the helmet. The sales lady thought this was very cool! Me trying on glasses in the store with my helmet on. :D

Last edited:

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Scorpion EXO-700, works fine for my glasses, no problems getting them on or off. I have a couple pairs of Oakley Whisker sunglasses that I can't wear with it though due to their frames bowing out at my temples, but my Flak Jackets work great.

Maybe I just have a big-ass head!

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe I just have a big-ass head!

I wouldn't worry, I wear wire glasses, so that probably helps! I'm due for new ones in about 2 weeks though, i'm actually planning on taking my helmet with me to make sure i get glasses that will work...i'm not a big fan of putting in contacts at 545am in the morning when I ride to the train station.

pedge1

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the HJC IS-Max modular helmet - It is great for glasses and has the awesome flip down, fighter piolt, sun visor.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You're gonna get a lot of opinions with this question!

I wear glasses and I have a wide head. I tried on pretty much everything. True the Arai was awesome, but was a little beyond my budget. I went with a Joe Rocket RKT101 (made by HJC). It's carbon fiber, very light and fits great. Runs about $360.