Beer Poll 1.0

Is Guinness the best beer of them all?

• Yes

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 84 91.3%

• Total voters
Voted "no" because the question is totally invalid.

Though, even if the question was "Best dry stout?" I'd probably still vote no. I'd least have to do extensive research first.
:iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer:

I don't want to live in a world where there is only 1 :(

If I HAD to choose, I love my Little Creatures pale ale

I don't want to live in a world where there is only 1 :(

If I HAD to choose, I love my Little Creatures pale ale

Little Creatures Pale?

1. Talking Heads reference?
2. You say "my" Little Creatures Pale Ale... Are you a home brewer?

Little Creatures Pale?

1. Talking Heads reference?
2. You say "my" Little Creatures Pale Ale... Are you a home brewer?

I'm not a home brewer, but I know a couple, one of them with over 100 batches under his belt, now his beer is REALLY nice, nearly zero hang-over too... But I digress!

Little Creatures in a Australian 'micro' brewery based in WA. I say 'micro' because they are a relatively small brewery. This enables them to produce a higher quality beer because they don't make megaliters of it like the bigger brewers do.

I'm not a home brewer, but I know a couple, one of them with over 100 batches under his belt, now his beer is REALLY nice, nearly zero hang-over too... But I digress!

Little Creatures in a Australian 'micro' brewery based in WA. I say 'micro' because they are a relatively small brewery. This enables them to produce a higher quality beer because they don't make megaliters of it like the bigger brewers do.

Must seek this stuff out, and give it a try....big fan of an Ale, especially the Pale variety....bit softer on the head, the next day.

:thumbup:

Although Guinness IS a fine beer, it is too situationally specific to be considered the BEST of all, it is the Best when used properly though :)

I'm not sure if any one beer is the best, because depending on my mood, different styles would be perfect at different times, but Guinness is never on the list. In general, Sierra Nevada Celebration is one of my favorites, I like to stock up in November. I like hoppy beers, Stone Ruination is fantastic as is Bells Two Hearted and Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. :iconbeer:

If I'm just drinking beer I like darks, mostly brown ales. Newcastle is at the top of that list.

If I'm snacking or having food with beer, I need to go lighter. Most lagers or weiss beers will do. Hacker Pshorr is good, but its like a meal in itself. Corona is strangely delicious with mexican food, thought it may just be my imagination. And in WI we have New Glarus Spotted Cow, my favorite.

I'll always try a new micro brew though.

So ya, there's no #1 beer.

I really want a beer now.

Last edited:
I couldn't ever pick a "best beer" though Guinness wouldn't be in the running (in my book at least).

My favorite stout is even a tough one to say...Great Lakes Blackout Stout comes to mind, Rogue Shakespeare stout, and Mikkeller - Beer geek breakfast are all really good. :thumbup:

I've only been trying different beers for a little bit but I like Bells Oberon. Most of the places around here have it on tap since it is made in Galesburg and their store is in Kalamazoo here. I haven't started getting into darker beers yet.

Back