Bar Ends

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong. Too light equals more vibes? But if you go too heavy..could you end up with the same thing? I ask because I am going to be making some bar ends. Just trying to figure out what I want to do with them.

Dave

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
I purchased some carbon bar ends from eBay a couple of months ago for my FZ6 and I personally couldn't tell any difference with the vibration. However, if you do make some new bar ends for your bike and you find that you are experiencing vibrations more-so than usual, Bill gave me some good advice: fill the bars with silicone caulk.

I hope this helps.

X

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently replaced my heavy OEM bar ends with Carbon bar ends too....felt absoloutely no dfference whatsoever, in terms of vibes.

:thumbup:

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
I replaced the OEM bar ends with R6 bar ends; felt absoloutely no dfference whatsoever, in terms of vibes.

IMG_0008.jpg

FZ6-ZN

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
You mean the stuff that expands when you spray it? Sounds like a neat idea. Have to try a few experiments and see how it goes.

NO! Silicone caulk is the stuff you use to seal around the bath tub. It can be very messy.

I replaced by bars and tried some aluminum bar ends. The vibration was worse but bearable. I bought some '06 SV650 bar ends and vibration is gone.

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking that might be the stuff...but just wanted to make sure. The added weight of the silicone, plus the rubberyness of it would probly do a good job settling down vibes.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have always kind of heard that bar ends help out to reduce the risk of tank slappers too... maybe?

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok just an update. I tried a few different things.

Put some large brass washers on the bars to simulate extra weight. No noticable difference at all. So there went that idea. Maybe shape has something to do with it too, but I dont have the time right now to machine up a bunch of different style bar ends..lol

BUT I did fill the bars with silicone caulk. Have to say that it actually made a difference in the overall buzziness of the bars. Slow speed not a huge difference, but highway speeds it almost totally deadens the vibes coming out of the engine :thumbup:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Different weight bar ends don't necessarily eliminate vibrations, but they'll change the frequency of the vibrations that you feel.