bar ends help!

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
Hiya guys I want to change my bar ends to red ones so I took them out and they are ones that are threaded in and are not thr expandable ones, does the thread come put? Or can i not change them Unless i find ones that screw in the same size as the thread? Any ideas would be cool!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hiya guys I want to change my bar ends to red ones so I took them out and they are ones that are threaded in and are not thr expandable ones, does the thread come put? Or can i not change them Unless i find ones that screw in the same size as the thread? Any ideas would be cool!

It would be much easier to find replacements that thread in.

You can however, with alot of patience, and some correct tools, drill /grind out the inner threaded part of the bars until their clean and smooth...

As a side note, Rustoleum has some really decent paint. If you can find a color you like, pull them off, sand them down and re-paint them. My stock right one got scratched. I sanded it down and repainted both black. Looks brand new...

A whole lot cheaper and easier...

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah paint is best way to go. I do have a fz1 bar with threaded inserts drilled out if someone wants it.

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah thanks for the heads up! I will look hard for ones that screw in cause I love the anodized look in red, but I will have a go at spraying them and post pics when I get round to it :) and if I cant find any
Because I definitely do not have any tools lol find it hard to find the right spanner in my house lol

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks buddy, I wanna keep them the same weight so I dont feel any difference
I've found a set of fz1 anodized red ones that will fit for £16 quid so im a happy chap,

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks buddy, I wanna keep them the same weight so I dont feel any difference
I've found a set of fz1 anodized red ones that will fit for £16 quid so im a happy chap,

If it says "anodized", the bar ends are almost certainly aluminum, hence very light.

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
Your right my friend, so ive ordered some nice polished silver ones from the U s of A lol, looking at my bars thinking red would look stupid.