Average height of a FZ6 rider

treevis

Please do not climb
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, I maybe the shortest rider here. I'm 5'4 on my stock FZ6.

Funny, I may be the largest rider here. I am 6'8'' at about 300lbs. I saw a picture of myself on the bike a couple weeks ago and looked hilarious :BLAA: I often get comments from some cagers I know that say I should be on a cruiser, but it is not about how you look. I love my bike, won't be selling her for years. I will try and get the pic and post it up here for a laugh.

soundgarden

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure last I checked I was 15 and was about 6'1 so Id say probably 6'2"...the bike feels great but its a bit small I when I look at pictures of myself on it.

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
6'3" but most of the height is in the legs I feel a little cramped down stairs. Propably should get new rear sets.

gilesc

Reaction score
Visit site
6"1" myself. IMO it's just fine size-wise. I am long in the waist and sit a bit tall and the buffeting on my helmet is annoying at highway speeds. However, a slightly taller screen will likely cure that problem.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
At 5'6" 165lbs, I'd be on my toes. But at stop lights, I'd try to balance myself with no feet on the ground :D. If you're really good at timing things, you don't ever have to put your feet down at stop lights; just ride really really slowly until the light turns green. But once you get to where you're going, you have to get your feet down.

Dennis

robaho

Reaction score
Visit site
5'-11" with 32" inch inseam, and skinny here.... The FZ fits me perfectly IMHO.
When I was researching bikes a couple of years ago, I was convinced that a Ninja 250 would be a good bike to thrash around on for a couple of years. Then, I went and sat on one at the dealer - my knees rested directly on the gas tank seam (OUCH!). Then, I sat on the FZ6 and instantly knew I HAD to buy this bike!

kevlarfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
6'5" - 260Lbs... Everything is small.. But I feel the FZ is fine. But then again, being this big I don't know what "Fit" feels like.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'5" and (an optimistic) 30" inseam, and lowered my FZ6-S by 1" front and rear to get better confidence in low speed situations and when standing still. I can't flatfoot both feet simultaneously, but I get half of both my feet on the ground.

As others have said, it can be difficult if there's a big enough camber on the road where I stop, but a little planning and looking ahead solves it. I probably look like a midget on a big bike. ;)

I was originally looking for a Honda CBF 600 or the Suzi Bandit 600, but I decided to take a first look at a FZ6-S after seeing the ad, and said "I'll take it" after 10 secs. Didn't even take it for a test drive. I just wanted that bike, and now it's mine. :thumbup:

oregonative56

Reaction score
Visit site
This thread is just one more testimonial to how versatile the fz6 is. It fits just about everyone nearly perfectly, or with minor mods. I'm 5'11", and it fits me great.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
6'5" - 260Lbs... Everything is small.. But I feel the FZ is fine. But then again, being this big I don't know what "Fit" feels like.

Kinda in the same boat as you...6'5" 215lbs. Some times I feel too big on the bike but it's not stopping me from riding it :thumbup:

FZ6Hot

FZ6Hot
Reaction score
Visit site
6'2" and the bike is perfect fit (after installing lower handle bars). Tried a Triumph Daytona 675, blast to ride but I felt like I was perched on top of a toy.

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
I'm 5'2" and 110lbs. Got the seat shaved at the sides so i could get more leg down. Love going fast on it, bending it into corners. I wear boots with a heel so I can touch ground better. Apparently the bike looks ok with me on it.
I did see one girl on a sports bike and she looked like a pea on a drum. She was fully leaned over the tank and looked like she was only just holding on to the handlebars.
I must say the FZ6 is a beast of a bike. It's very very big. In length and chunkyness. I think its ok when I sit on it. But a lot of people look at the tank and feel intimidated. The FZ6 tank is more depth than length. The Suzuki Bandit is more length than depth and I couldn't reach the handlebars with that.
I did see a R6 today, and it looked like a 125cc. Tiny bike in comparision with the FZ6.

jblake00

Reaction score
Visit site
6' even, but with looong legs. Not sure what my inseam is, but I can stand flat footed and be completly off the bike by a good 1" or so. I do have a Corbin seat though, so maybe thats part of it.