Autocom and New Nokia's

xeres

Reaction score
Visit site
This ones a niggler for all you electric techies out there...

Ive got my autocom all nicely rigged up to my bike but i have a problem. I own a Nokia 6500 Slide and the Phone Lead that comes standard doesnt seem to work. My phone has a 2.5mm socket but it only recognises the lead as a pair of headphones and not as a headset (with microphone). Whilst riding i can answer calls and hear people speak to me clearly but i cannot talk back.

The supplied lead is as follows:
3.5mm 4pole - 2.5mm 3 pole.

Now my phone came with a wired headset and attatched to this is a 4 pole 2.5m jack. When i phoned Autocom, they weren't able to help me out but offered to construct a cable for me if i was to send in my headset which they'll take apart and "make" for a tenner. That sounds like a crap deal to me considering im paying them to make me a cable but i can't seem to find a cable online which suits this purpose and im wondering if there is any way i could do this myself by stripping their supplied cable and connecting a 4 pole 2.5mm jack.

Any takers on this conundrum?

Bo x

xeres

Reaction score
Visit site
...alternatively, is there a way to rig up a Bluetooth device that doesn't cost me £75 from Autocom and connect it via that. Assumingly, bluetooth headsets that support A2DP and have an external unit you plug into your iPod (or associated music device) would work? Only hting i see issues with is pairing ability. Anyone tried anything like this before?

Using the unit from these for example:
Logitech Freepulse Bluetooth Wireless Headphones | SALE Now On!

Bo x