auto dark visor

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
HJC Sy Max 2 or something like that...
Has the flip face thing, slide down sun visor (friends jokingly call it the fighter jet helmet), and it's SUPER COMFY!!! Only prob is wind noise going anything over 55-60... Tuck behind the tank and no more noise... I love it!

djneall

rebmem roinuj
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the HJC FS-10 for about a year and have been pretty happy with it. I really like the integrated tinted visor but in colder weather the flip down does tend to fog up easier than the main visor. I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for that feature.

Jedi

Pillion Boy no more!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Caberg V2R Zonda full face lid with flip down sun visor, and I completely love it :)

I'd never buy a helmet without a sun visor, to me it's essential all year round.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Scorpion EXO 1000 w/ internal flip down sun shade. There's a little lever on the outside of the helmet to put it up and down so you don't have to play with the outer visor.

I like this helmet.

Scorpion Sports © 2009

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm, this has got me thinking now.

My wife works for Carl Zeiss Vision, and they do the "Transition" lenses... Auto darkening. My daughter has a pair of specs witht he transition lense, and it gets reasonably dark.

I might grab a spare clear visor for my Shark RSF2Race helmet and see if she can get it tinted. Changing visors on the Shark is easy, but they are both getting a bit scratched up.. a single visor for both day and night riding would be ideal.

I'll let you know how I go.

:)

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the HJC FS-10 for about a year and have been pretty happy with it. I really like the integrated tinted visor but in colder weather the flip down does tend to fog up easier than the main visor. I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for that feature.

I also had the FS-10 for about a year. I noticed the same thing, on cold bright days the flip down part fogs up. Also, my biggest complaint and reason I switched to another helmet, with the fog/nose guard thing in, no matter vents open, closed, or mixed, with the clear shield down and inner shield up or down, it always always blew air right into my eyes, drying out my contacts every time.