ASV levers installed *pics*

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
In case you missed my previous post about these levers, this is the followup after a couple of days cruising with these babies.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/12989-asv-levers.html

307q5bq.jpg

Since I bought a couple of sets, I decided to install the standard lengths. The installation was a cinch... easiest mod evvvaaa. It took all of 10 minutes.

In comparison to TITAX levers I had before, the ASV is much more comfortable to use. As you can see in the pictures, the arms are rounded like stock. Pazzos and TITAX edges are much more square. Functionally, it provides a better feedback as you roll out the clutch.

The best feature is the adjustment. ASV provides a greater range simply by rolling the wheel. At the same time, these provides finer adjustments between one setting to the next.

Leverage effort wise, it definitely improved over stock and provided very good feel to be in sync with the bike.

Lastly, as you can see, the color matched perfectly to my Cobalt Blue. All in all, it's a mod that personalizes to each individual's hands and enhance the mechanics of already an awesome bike.

Thanks and enjoy the pics. More pictures are available in the gallery link below. PM me if you're interested in the other set.

Link to the rest of the gallery

2akj6p.jpg

34he2rd.jpg

156akw9.jpg

Last edited:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, those look great! Matches the cobalt blue of the bike nicely. Yet another item to add to my list!

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
The levers look great!:thumbup:

The adjustability of the new levers will let you fine tune it. Thats why i love aftermarket levers.......i wish i had some new levers....

CoFZ6

Junior Newbie Trainee
Reaction score
Visit site
I put ASV levers on my bike. They've almost, but not entirely, eliminated my 1st gear stalls. (That is so embarrassing.)

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
I really must start a list of users who's posts have the potential of costing me money. :)

mellofelow has been added to the list... nice levers!

I like that you compared them to others and have posted pictures. Where did you buy them?

Now I must shop.

CoFZ6

Junior Newbie Trainee
Reaction score
Visit site
I really must start a list of users who's posts have the potential of costing me money. :)

You'd have to list just about everyone on this forum. When I bought my bike I was very happy with a stock ride. Then I discovered this forum. Since then:
Yamaha comfort seat
ASV levers
Rizoma grips and bar ends
Mag-Knight tank pad
Cortech tank bag
BD43 headlight mod
L.I.B.209 footpeg inserts
bar risers (not installed - not sure if I will)
T-Rex frame sliders
Battery Tender
Puig racing windscreen
Fiamm Freeway Blaster

Still want Leo Vince exhaust

I figure if I just count the people that have posted pictures of their bikes, which is still quite a few, they can take responsibility for the outcome of their actions by sending me $5 each. :D

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
I put ASV levers on my bike. They've almost, but not entirely, eliminated my 1st gear stalls. (That is so embarrassing.)
I didn't mention this because I though was placebo but you're right. For some reason it makes launching or rolling off the line much smoother.

I like that you compared them to others and have posted pictures. Where did you buy them?
Now I must shop.
Thanks. These blue ASV are only from Yamaha dealers.

IMO, manufacturers produce bikes to be one size fits all. Functionally that's fine however, all of us come in different size and shape. And these levers allows the operator to be more mechanically in tune with the most critical element of riding. Think of these as tilt & telescoping steering column in a car.

Last edited:

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
Those do look really sharp!!!!!

My bike is still stock. I think my first mod will be sliders. I'm just trying to figure out which ones to get.

gj

aj_fz6

n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
I also have the ASV levers (black) and I love them. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to upgrade from the stock levers.

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
After riding about 200 km today, I realized I need shorty levers, as I only use my index and middle finger on the levers and the outer 2 fingers get pinched between them and the bars.

Jlip06

Reaction score
Visit site
Those look great. I also just added the black with red adjusters and was wondering if yours feel a little loose if you wiggle up and down, maybe i just need to tighten... Yours match and look sweet.:thumbup:

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
Those look great. I also just added the black with red adjusters and was wondering if yours feel a little loose if you wiggle up and down, maybe i just need to tighten... Yours match and look sweet.:thumbup:
It's been a few hundred miles and absolutely no slop. Yours is probably a little loose.