ASV Levers... troulbe...

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So i went on a week vacation this week, got back sat, went to take the bike for a spin on sunday and as im about to put the key in the ignition i see the clutch side ASV lever swinging in the wind

WTF!

im thinking maybe the clutch cable snapped while i was gone or something... then i realize that (for those of you who have them and know what im talking about) the way they spring back in case of a crash, the 'spring dun sprung'. so to speak. In other words, the spring must have snapped while i was gone, and they went limp... the clutch itself still works, but it does me no good if i have to reach up and pull the lever back to engage it. POS! Luckily i had my old stock lever (always save your old parts kids!) I threw that bad boy back on and went for a short ride.. (strange feeling) ....

my problem comes now that when trying to contact ASV to ask for a new lever (or spring atleast) their page will not open for me... i cant access even their contact page, it keeps timing out on me... im hoping one of you Fizzers out there can do me a big favor, see if the page works for you and see if you can get me a contact email. All my other pages open fine, but that page says

"Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

.... over and over again...

NO im not being lazy, the page seriously wont open, i have been trying all night. haha.

Also, i dont think i should have to pay for anything in this case, these levers are only from like march or even april... they should NOT have snapped like this... notice in teh picture how the spring snapped at the other end? I shouldnt be held responsible should i? they worked perfect when i left, and when i got back they were broken.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Just tried to get on - no luck. Perhaps their site has a bug or rat or something.

Did you try to contact where you bought them?

Looks like a bit of rust on the spring, are you near the coast? Still seems to soon for a failure, I have the same levers and like em' hope it's not a regular problem.

Let us know what happens.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just tried to get on - no luck. Perhaps their site has a bug or rat or something.

Did you try to contact where you bought them?

Looks like a bit of rust on the spring, are you near the coast? Still seems to soon for a failure, I have the same levers and like em' hope it's not a regular problem.

Let us know what happens.

i know, the rust got me off guard also... im near the coast, but not THAT near, bout 2 hours away from sea. and i never ride in rain, and keep it covered 99% of the time. can you check yours out and see if the spring is rusted if you dont mind.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried, too. The site's down.

Broken spring is definitely weak sauce. I just put on the same levers and will have to go check...

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Did a quick look at my springs, they look painted or coated black. I am in a dry climate during the summer and 3 houes from the coast plus the bike is always in a shed when not being ridden.

Installed mine about the same time as you last spring and they still look new.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just found this on an Aussie forum while browsing for levers,your not the only one.

Warning asv levers
Just a heads up to check your leavers if you have ASV shorties (maybe long ones too). Was riding my bike and stopped at the lights when the lever fell forward (brake lever). Upon investigation I found the spring in the breakback mechanism (where the lever folds forward to stop it snapping) to be corroded and snapped in the middle. The other leaver is in good nick and has no signs of wear. They are not even six months old and have only been used in the rain once like a week ago. Just check yours if ya got them.

BJ