Asshat backs over bike.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: NO.....FREAKING.......WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I ever mention that I offer a "special" service to people in situations like these....All I need is an address, a black and white photo and $12 in nonsequential bills. Satisfaction guaranteed.

In all seriousness........My hearts breaking for you man, hold in there buddy.

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats my Motorcycle Nightmare #2. (#1 involves gravel and a gaurdrail, #3 is a missing bike in the morning). Can't say anything that hasn't been said before except that you are in the right here... There are plenty of people where I live that drive vehicles much too large for their driving abilities (a go-kart would be a bit more appropriate) and I always get nervous parking in big lots like Wal-Mart for this exact reason. Best of luck with the insurance.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like somebody's going to have to open their wallet.

Wow! It's your birthday? Oh dear...a truck backing over an FZ6 is NOT my idea of a present. I'm terribly sorry to hear about that.

Last edited:

Brandad

Reaction score
Visit site
That's got to be one of the worst birthday presents I can imagine. Stupid jerks, so often now you hear people immediately resort to "It's not my fault". At gas stations around here, people park all over the place, some stations don't have painted parking whatsoever. He did a horribly inadequate job of backing up, that's all there is to it. What would this fool have said if he had run over a person?

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow Steve, that sucks. Nothing more for me to add really, it's all been said. I don't think I would have been so calm if it happened to my bike... I'm normally a very sedate person, but... It's my BIKE!!!!

Good luck with insurance company.

:)

W

wrightme43

Its all going to be ok. I got a awesome birthday present from Ms. Lennox.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh damn that sucks balls. The frame's cracked? wow

You shouldn't have said anything to the *******, just take pictures, call the police, exchange insurance information, and don't admit guilt or accuse anyone. The insurance company will use the police report and pictures to determine fault.

I can't believe the guy called you, that can be considered harassment.

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
That sux dude,dont think I could have contained myself(well done) Goodluck with the insurance :thumbup:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Sorry to hear that this happened. This would have sucked on any day of the year, but on your B-Day, that just sucks :(

You really showed alot of restraint, that is not always easy to do in the face of egocentric, arrogant, ignorant, f'n, aholes, but I digress :spank:.

Again sorry to hear. I hope the rest of your B-day went well.

W

wrightme43

Oh its a pretty simple deal. I know all the girls at the shell station. Its right across from work. Its on video as well. His insurance company said its a open and shut case. She said it wouldnt of mattered if the bike was parked upside down out of a parking lot. He backed over a parked unoccupied vehicle. (He drove past it first, and said he saw me park while he was at the gas pump. He couldnt get out the way he wanted and so just backed up to turn around.)

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
What a fool. If your in a parking spot you could have left it balanced on its back wheel it doesn't make a bloody difference.

Oh and I'd make a point of how he phoned you up blaming you, bad move on his part.

Sorry about your bike, I would have gone ballistic.

Steve F

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never heard a worse birthday horror story! That really sucks!

Please let us know how you make out with compensation from the insurance company. If it's totaled, what's the next bike?

If I was a judge I'd award you a million $$ for pain and suffering.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear this mate. That's horrible. Still if you hadn't been in a position to watch it unfold like that you probably would've come out side to find your bike down and no one around.

Sounds like you handled it fine, and yeah it's not worth stressing over now....that's what the insurance companies are for. Hope it all gets sorted out nice and quickly with a result you are satisfied with.:thumbup:

Why the hell can't these idiots look what's going on around them?

Sounds like you were lucky you weren't standing next to it gearing up.

Mike

Crotalus

Reaction score
Visit site
That plain sucks, man. But you seemed to have handled it well. I think I would have blown up, but really that sort of thing only makes you look bad and takes blame off that asshat.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whos bike? MY BIKE!!!

Its my birthday. I am inside the Shell station, I see a truck backing towards my bike. I say Please dont back over my bike, please dont back over my bike, then WHACK he backs over my bike.

Slider folded up, frame cracked, passenger peg mount bent in, master cyl lever mount bent, bar end mirror trashed.

I am parked in a yellow marked parking spot. He says if you would of parked right I wouldnt of hit it. I say, I am parked in a yellow lined parking spot. If it were a car you would of hit it too. He says well your parked sideways. So??????????? I called the police. They came then I picked up the bike. Its at the bike store getting a estimate.

Asshats.

Then he calls me this afternoon and tells me its my fault. I went off, told him I was parked in a parking spot, inside a store when he backed over my bike, and this coversation was over, he could talk to his insurance company.
OMG!! That Prick had some gall....I don't know why but the thought to shock the pi$$ out that jerk with a Taser popped into my head while reading what happened.:D WOW what an asshat for sure.:spank: