Ask a guy who just spent over 2hrs removing stickers any question...

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey great job! :thumbup: I just used a heat gun, WD40, water, Wizards polish and micro fiber cloths. Didn't bother with the swing arm. I know what a puss. But something about the spec sticker, and the emissions sticker I didn't want to remove. Just in case I decide to get rid of the bike in the near future. I have to say tho, I am definitely enjoying the bike.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Really, how??? I've used it on at least 5 bikes, no worries. Hell I used a heat gun on my Aprilia's plastic gas tank.

Figuring the sun cooks it too a nice 150F in many parts and 200F is to hot for most of us to touch for few seconds - its the line between warm enough to help and cool enough not to damage anything.

I simply did mine on a hot day but had an outlet been handy, 1700Watts would be put to use and less elbow!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I used a straight edged razor! At the "Right Angle" you won't dork up the paint. The tank sticker was the worst. Fairing stickers are gone the swing arm stickers are now under the seat on that panel for reference as I got them off in one piece!

I would suggest masking off the areas you don't want damaged before applying solvents, adhesive removers. When done cleaning and polishing, wax it where applicable!

But I must say I gave up on the little sticker on the wind screen. It's still there! :rolleyes:

It's not perfect but with a blade at the right angle it can be done. Most of the adhesive came off with the sticker so under the seat it went!
View attachment 43676

As mentioned the Tank sticker was baked on and although the smallest, it was the hardest to remove. Again the blade is your friend. Throw some scotch tape on a window pain and try it. There is a "safe angle" that keeps the cutting edge clear of the paint. Granted you MUST be careful and you MUST use a new blade as tiny burr or imperfection can trash the paint!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I still maintain it is 100% impossible to remove stickers from a motorcycle, in spite of this photographic evidence.

Photographs can be doctored.

This thread is a lie.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Heat gun and wd40 or mineral spirits FTW. Just start with the heat gun at a low setting and move it around, don't hold it in one spot for too long. A hair dryer works too. Mine took maybe an hour to do swingarm, tank, the right side frame sticker, and the previous owners inspection sticker.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Reference = me using a blade thinking FAILURE is the only option!
+1 :thumbup:

lol

You'll need to go work at an auto body shop for couple years - mad razor skills will come to life. . . Are you afraid to shave too? :BLAA:

ckrockets

Reaction score
Visit site
Figuring the sun cooks it too a nice 150F in many parts and 200F is to hot for most of us to touch for few seconds - its the line between warm enough to help and cool enough not to damage anything.

I simply did mine on a hot day but had an outlet been handy, 1700Watts would be put to use and less elbow!

having worked on more bikes then I can remember in my lifetime, on more than one occasion have I seen scorched clear on top of the tank...it's unmistakable as to what caused it....a heat gun...

anyone who would use a heat gun to remove stickers off a clear coated surface is just asking for trouble...

a hair dryer is a different story....

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
why did it take so long? LOL I blew mine off at the car wash and wiped off the left over residue with W-D 40 and a soft rag.... You did a job with your technic though. :thumbup: :thumbup: :rockon:

Last edited: