Ask a guy who just spent over 2hrs removing stickers any question...

ckrockets

Reaction score
Visit site
Ask a guy who just spent over 2 hrs removing stickers, off of a 09 FZ6 without scratching anything, any question....:thumbup:

09-FZ6-screen.jpg

09-FZ6-tank.jpg

09-FZ6-swing.jpg

What you'll need...
09-FZ6-sticker-removal-supplies.jpg

09-FZ6-elbow-grease.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do i dare ask what the file is all about? Was that so you could trim your nails so you don't scratch the Fizzer? :spank: :spank: :BLAA:

ckrockets

Reaction score
Visit site
How did you get the tank sticker off?
I'm afraid to even peel a corner for fear of scratching the tank.
That sucker is stuck good.

first have patience...its going to take a while...

spray with goo gone let soak for a minute

then pick at it with clean finger nail...its really the only way to make sure you don't scratch the clear coat...

every few minutes wipe away sticker debris(cotton only no paper...paper scratches) and reapply goo gone and keep picking at it with a clean finger nail...the clean finger nail is important dirt under the nail could scratch the clear coat...

just keep doing this until sticker is gone...

after sticker is gone there will still be glue on the tank...more goo gone let it sit a second then buff with clean cotton rag...repeat...

when the glue is barely visible use the polish cleaning spray with a clean cotton rag and buff spot several times...

this method assures you will not scratch the clear coat...

I've de-stickered many many bikes using this method with no scratches...

For the powdercoated swingarm I use the same method except instead of using a finger nail i use a sharpened plastic putty knife(powder is harder than clear so its safe)....see pic

if you tried using your nail on the swingarm stickers your fingers would be bleeding by the time you were done...

the tank and swingarm stickers will take about an hour each...but as you can see the results are worth it...

good luck ;)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I used a straight edged razor! At the "Right Angle" you won't dork up the paint. The tank sticker was the worst. Fairing stickers are gone the swing arm stickers are now under the seat on that panel for reference as I got them off in one piece!

I would suggest masking off the areas you don't want damaged before applying solvents, adhesive removers. When done cleaning and polishing, wax it where applicable!

But I must say I gave up on the little sticker on the wind screen. It's still there! :rolleyes:

ckrockets

Reaction score
Visit site
I used a straight edged razor! At the "Right Angle" you won't dork up the paint. The tank sticker was the worst. Fairing stickers are gone the swing arm stickers are now under the seat on that panel for reference as I got them off in one piece!

I would suggest masking off the areas you don't want damaged before applying solvents, adhesive removers. When done cleaning and polishing, wax it where applicable!

But I must say I gave up on the little sticker on the wind screen. It's still there! :rolleyes:

you are very brave...i would not recommend using a razor or anything metal...one slip up and you have scratched or gouged the clear or powdercoat...

the method i described is safe and will not scratch or gouge...

arsity

Reaction score
Visit site
So how do u remove a scratch? I dropped my keys on my tank and it left a big ugly scratch. lol :disapprove:

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
So how do u remove a scratch? I dropped my keys on my tank and it left a big ugly scratch. lol :disapprove:

How deep is the scratch? If you run your fingernail over it can you feel it pretty good? If its not too deep a good wax can buff it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk