Anyone tried ECUnleashed on the FZ6?

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I just found some posts about ECUnleashed this morning that linked me over to the FZ1 site with some really helpful info from Hellgate. I didn't find anyone that has tried this on the FZ6 as of yet. Just wondering if anyone had and their thoughts regarding the throttle response afterwards? Also, what is the going rate for this service now?

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't had the bike reflashed. But the going rate for shop (partner shop)stateside is approx. 450.00 to have done. After several attempts of getting in contact with the manufacturer, they finally responded (Italy) they charge approx. 500.00. I haven't had to much information other than what the site is advertising in writing. I strongly encourage researching the reflashing of an ECU in general. From what I am told the product is great..... But I have yet to meet an FZ6 owner with a reflashed bike, with this product.

With the reflashing of the ECU there are so many variables to consider in terms of what there programming or what exact product you are ending up with. Seeing how the firmware is based in Europe I imagine there more popular across the pond. Still researching....send them (ECU unleashed)an email, just like the site says. The site claims they have a customer satisfaction guarantee policy. I wouldn't reflash the ECU not unless I had a back up plan to revert what ever has been done to the stock ECU back to normal, incase I didn't much care for the reflash. This could get real expensive.

The site states they will reflash based on your bikes configuration. I had thought about this, I don't know if this is right. But In theory I was thinking "perhaps" maybe if it was just me. I would reflash for a stock FZ6 bike configuration and then possibly(maybe) build out from there. That way I could always revert back to my original reflash for a stock configuration. Meaning, I have the stock parts for the stock configuration and I can always revert back. Rather than having a reflash configuration based on a bunch of modified parts. I guess it really depends on what you plan on doing with the bike and it's intention. Whether it be a commuter, track bike or weekend bike.

Ahh, so many questions. For instance;

What kind of mileage will I be getting?

If I have a aftermarket exhaust, will I need power commander to further retune the bike?

Or the opposite, Will the bike be within perimeters of the stock reflash with an aftermarket exhaust?

Wouldn't you also dyno the bike to validate and make sure the bike is in tune after the reflash?

If I reflash the bike, do I go outside the scope of the original performance engineering of alternate mechanical parts on the bike? If so what?

Just some things to consider. Need more R&D.

Last edited:

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info...

Still a bit to much cash for the small gain I am looking for... mainly smoothing out the low speed throttle issues with FZ6. For that cash I'll just continue feathering the throttle and quick shifting to second on the slow streets. I didn't help myself any by adding the 15T sprocket when it come to jerkiness.. but it sure is fun on the twisties!

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been researching this for the last couple of days and I'm seriously thinking of doing it. My bike is all stock so it looks like that would be the best way to go. I just want a little better performance, get rid of the throttle jerk and have the engine be more efficient. I haven't found any bad reviews on the net really.

I'm thinking of calling AF1 racing in New Braunfels and making an appointment and go over there on my days off. It's only 3 hours away. That way they can dyno it also.