Anyone store a chain and lock under the seat?

First :welcome: to the forum! Great people here on this forum and I'm sur eyou'll enjoy it.

As I remember there's quite a lot of space and I'm thinking this will fit but if not maybe you could put it in a bag and strap it to the seat behind you or leave it on-site where you're going to lock it.

I guess it really just depends on where you work and how secure you want it to be. I use this one:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Trimax-T665LC-Hardened-Metal-Disc/dp/B000W0KTKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286252728&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Trimax T665LC Hardened Metal Disc Lock - Chrome 10mm Pin (Long Throat) with Pouch & Reminder Cable: Automotive[/ame]

It won't do as much as the full chain setup, but I think it at least works as a deterrent. If I park at work, there is quite a few other bikes nearby, so at the very least it appers like more work than some of the others and it fits under my seat.

Thanks for the welcome. I work in a high-crime area, if its not bolted down it disappears. I also will need to chain it up when I get home due to the neighborhood so might have to lug it around in a backpack urgg... I liked the disc lock idea until I read about all they'd have to do is put the front tire on a skateboard and off your ride goes.

Back