Anyone rode a Suzy GSXR750 and can compare to FZ6?

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I confess, I've been having this day dreams about adding a SS to my garage sometime during the summer. What I want is to keep the FZ6 for my more relaxing rides, but have something uncomfortable yet powerful for when I want to "get crazy" :)

Initially I was thinking about a litre SS, but then insurance rates are not really in favor for that. So, I was thinking about the Gixxer 750, and was wondering how it compares to the FZ6. Unfortunately, none of my friends ride one, so I have no way of trying it first hand, so I'm turning to you.

Have you ever ridden one? How is the power as compared to our beloved FZ6? Is it just a bit more or way more? Give me as much details of your impressions as possible.

Thanks!

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
personally I dont think they are getting all the power out of those 750cc's.
for another 150cc's its only puttin like another 10hp to the ground over the R6.
but the torque is a bit more I think like 55ft/lbs vs the r6 40? ft/lbs

one of my friends has a 1999 gsxr750 and he loves it over his old CBR600rr, but he said the difference is very little in terms of power and acceleration.
$.02 :thumbup:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i've heard they're pretty good, i'd go for it if i was you. I've been looking out for a 600 or 750 as a trackday toy. A 750 will have a nice bit of extra torque and power of a bigger engine, but nimble like a 600.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Considering they are rated at about 150hp at the crank I'd say a huge difference power wise for the k7