Anyone Own an HJC RPHA-10?

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, its that time of year and I'm itching for new gear. :)
As I find myself doing more and more trackdays I been wanting to get a more track oriented helmet.

I got an Arai RXQ as my one helmet to do it all and don't get me wrong. Its a great helmet for everything including moderate trackday but once you got beyond 100+ miles it does get a little wobbly. I got some spending money and the new HJC RPHA 10 or the RPHA 10plus if you're in Europe looks so damn sexy; I can't stop hearing great things about it. The only thing that throws me off of the helmet is the Name... I know... I'm a of a brand snob. All my gear is either Japanese or Euro, Ie. Taichi, Dainese, Arai, Rev'it.

I been eye balling the Arai Corsair V but I can't justify that price tag..... Again...
With the HJC coming in at 1/2 the price which one of the most appealing thing in my eyes. :)

Anyways, anyone own this helmet and wanna give their input on it? and I don't mean the older RPS-10

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I have bought my RPHA-10 last year. It is the Ben Spies replica I (though limited edition, as the "11" at the back and the big star on top are red instead of grey).
Prior to the HJC I mostly had Shark helmets (the high end ones), and I must say the HJC is just as good, but it fits MY head better than the new Shark helmets.
The build quality is really top notch, as is the styling (look at the new Lorenzo replica :drool:)
But it all comes down to fitment. If your old helmet was wobbly at high speeds, it was too big (or wrong shaped) for your head.
So gran that HJC and see how it fits, only then you'll know if it's something for you :thumbup:

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

P.S. I wore the HJC when trying to get at top speed on a 1199 Panigale (though only went to 170mph, it got too scary beyond that point :eek:) and it stayed firmly in place. The wind noise was also very acceptable (though you mostly would hear the Duc :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd buy one, but I can't get past the ridiculous visor latch. I would go cross-eyed staring at that thing.

Reaction score
Visit site
My Arai is the right size and shape for my head but its just that the cheek pads had broken in a little more then I thought. Its a tight fit without being too tight.
Got it verified that the helmet is a good fit from multiple people including the owner of the local gear shop which I'm pretty good friends with.

The HJC from what I heard is a similar fit to my Arai * neutral oval very much like my Arai but not as long as most Shoei*

I actually do like the visor latch, almost like an industrial military look to it.

I need more time to think about this.. $360 is a still a hefty amount of money.
plus I need a good reason to tell me wife lol :spank:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, its that time of year and I'm itching for new gear. :)
As I find myself doing more and more trackdays I been wanting to get a more track oriented helmet.

I got an Arai RXQ as my one helmet to do it all and don't get me wrong. Its a great helmet for everything including moderate trackday but once you got beyond 100+ miles it does get a little wobbly. I got some spending money and the new HJC RPHA 10 or the RPHA 10plus if you're in Europe looks so damn sexy; I can't stop hearing great things about it. The only thing that throws me off of the helmet is the Name... I know... I'm a of a brand snob. All my gear is either Japanese or Euro, Ie. Taichi, Dainese, Arai, Rev'it.

I been eye balling the Arai Corsair V but I can't justify that price tag..... Again...
With the HJC coming in at 1/2 the price which one of the most appealing thing in my eyes. :)

Anyways, anyone own this helmet and wanna give their input on it? and I don't mean the older RPS-10

I just bought an RX-Q and it was between that and the Bell Star. The Star is a race helmet though, and i dont do trackdays. but i would say that if the RX-Q fits you well id look at the Bell. solid quality and about 2/3 the price of the Corsair. it also comes with a really sweet helmet bag.....

Oh and the wobbles at 100+ have nothing to do with fit. most helmets are tested in wind tunnels without turbulence from a shield, but race helmets are also tested in full tuck behind a shield. as you should be able to see, most race buckets have a spoiler for reducing this turbulence. think about when you pass a semi/lorry on the highway and you get that push from behind and get sucked in a little, its the same thing.

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I need more time to think about this.. $360 is a still a hefty amount of money.
plus I need a good reason to tell me wife lol :spank:

Only $360?? :eek:
I've paid €449 for my Ben Spies replica (the new Lorenzo replica is €449 as well) :mad:
The normal r-pha 10 are €349, so still more expensive than in the US...
I guess I will have to go on a vacation when I'll buy my next helmet :BLAA:

Grtz,

Degake

Reaction score
Visit site
Only $360?? :eek:
I've paid €449 for my Ben Spies replica (the new Lorenzo replica is €449 as well) :mad:
The normal r-pha 10 are €349, so still more expensive than in the US...
I guess I will have to go on a vacation when I'll buy my next helmet :BLAA:

Grtz,

Degake

The standard non replica graphic are a lot cheaper which is what Im interested in.

'rpha 10' search results - RevZilla

I honestly can't justify the extra $140 for the Motogp replica

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Reaction score
Visit site
They are super nice, I'm actually really interested in the Spies 2 graphic but... only if it was maybe $50 more than the standard. Otherwise... no thanks. ><''

My wallet is still hurting from my Arai helmet and Dainese Boot :(

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd buy one, but I can't get past the ridiculous visor latch. I would go cross-eyed staring at that thing.

are your eyes located where most people's noses are?

I have 2 hjc rpha-10's and they are made of a composite shell and are very light, they are very quiet, the pinlock is great, the shield is optically clear, love the locking latch for safety on the interstate, the helmet looks great since it is not a round astronaut helmet shape and the build quality is top notch being that it is a premium helmet. the modular aspect makes it fantastic to get on and off and for long trips. love it.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
are your eyes located where most people's noses are?

I have 2 hjc rpha-10's and they are made of a composite shell and are very light, they are very quiet, the pinlock is great, the shield is optically clear, love the locking latch for safety on the interstate, the helmet looks great since it is not a round astronaut helmet shape and the build quality is top notch being that it is a premium helmet. the modular aspect makes it fantastic to get on and off and for long trips. love it.

hahahaha, I ride with the visor cracked open a lot of the time, so yes, it would end up well in my line of sight.