anyone looking for a fz1? here is a nice one

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I do not know the person, just thought this looked like a pretty good deal from a seller that appears to be not very internet savvy.

ADVrider

DSC01780.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap that is a killer deal!! I'd jump on it if I didn't already have one :rof:

FYI.. the link requires login, but here is the summary: 2009 FZ1 had about 4000 mi, $4795.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The crack appears like the bolt was overtightened(not dropped):

FZ1 Pix Slideshow by icantdrive55 | Photobucket

Updated 14Jan2014 -- located in SW Ohio

The Story:
Bought the bike last spring from the second owner because I missed my liter bike power and grins--love my WeeStrom DL650 for almost everything, but it isn't an eyeball-peeling monster. 2009 FZ1 had about 4000 mi on the odo at the time of purchase still wearing the OEM tires, so it's obvious it wasn't hurt. First owner put all the accessories on according to the seller. Has aftermarket under tail package with LED brake/tail/turn signals, mini-LED front turn signals, shorty levers (believe these are inexpensive knock-offs, not Pazzo), Yosh Carbon slip-on pipe, custom seat (likely done by Eddie on the FZ1OA forum), Yamaha chin spoiler, Yamaha Touring windscreen. I changed the oil/filter and flushed/bled the F&R brake fluid around the time of purchase. Rode the bike for the summer and just never got comfortable with the handling and ergos. Thought it might be the tires (duh!) so I put new Pirelli Angel GTs on prior to my BRP/Gap trip in Sept--went with a 190/55 rear vs the stock 190/50 hoping to get better turn-in. They've got maybe 2000 mi on 'em now and I like the handling and ride much more with new rubber but still not in love with the bike. I think I've given this one a pretty fair try-out since I bought it, so I'm thinking it's gone.

Mid-winter bump for price change! This has been sitting in my garage on a battery tender since the plates expired in Oct. Got my eye on another cute little motor scooter….you're not gonna find a cleaner Gen 2 FZ1 with lower miles for less. Guaranteed.
Price lowered to **WOW** $4795 **WOW**

The Stuff:
Comes with the items listed above as well as the stock seat, stock windscreen, stock levers, stock turn signal stalks, 1" bar risers (never installed). Current mileage is just short of 7500 mi.

The Bad:
The right side fairing has a crack around the turn signal molding approximately 1" on either side of the signal housing (see last pic in PB link). I didn't even realize it was cracked until after I had bought the bike (late night/dark garage inspection) and washed it for the first time. PO didn't disclose the crack to me before purchase and when I called him on it, he said he didn't know how it happened. I even tracked the original owner down from the title and called him and he said that the bike was perfect when he sold it to my seller, so somebody is lying. Bottom line, it has a fairing crack and I have no idea how it happened. Given that there is no other damage on the bike, I can only assume it was from a tip-over in a garage against an immoveable object...just so, you get full disclosure from me.

Link to more pix:
http://s875.photobucket.com/user/ica...show/FZ1 Pix

stefanbob1

Reaction score
Visit site
Those ADVrider forum members have way too much money lying around. Just throwing it away!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those ADVrider forum members have way too much money lying around. Just throwing it away!

I've noticed they are not very moto savy either.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Off topic, but how's the Ninja doing?

Love it, I actually liked the stock tires too but they wore out quickly. I rode the bike to Canada and back (about 900-1000 miles round trip) and it was very comfortable with the kawasaki gel seat. I am running Pilot Power 3 on it now, unfortunately I only have about 100 miles on the new pilot power 3 because of all the snow. So far the turn in on the new Michelin seems to be a little quicker but the tire was cold, it was only 28 degrees out the day I tried it out. It is nice riding 2 up on the bike, it does really well in the mountains.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Lol, there is a guy on there selling "camping stoves" made out of old aluminum budweiser bottles for $25 and they are buying them up like crazy lol. Some of those guys hire teams of people to follow them around in vans and trucks while they ride about 40 miles a day.Their "support crew" takes video and photos of them riding and eating at high end restaurants. At the end of the day (about 2 hours of riding) they park their bikes in the truck/van then sleep at a luxury hotel and then go back at their "adventure" the following day. Must be nice ha ha. That is their idea of roughing it!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So far the turn in on the new Michelin seems to be a little quicker

I've found that anytime I ride on new tires I always feel the bike turn in quicker (no matter which tire.. as long as it's new). In my case, I'm pretty sure it's going from squared off to round profile that's causing this sensation. :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've found that anytime I ride on new tires I always feel the bike turn in quicker (no matter which tire.. as long as it's new). In my case, I'm pretty sure it's going from squared off to round profile that's causing this sensation. :thumbup:

I agree, the profile is so much different going from old to new.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah anytime you get new tires you will have that. my new rear though is 190/55 and the stock was 190/50 so this one is a little taller.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah anytime you get new tires you will have that. my new rear though is 190/55 and the stock was 190/50 so this one is a little taller.

That's another popular *mod* for bikes with fat rears (lots of FZ1 people go to 55 too). Everyone says it makes the bike turn in much better.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol, there is a guy on there selling "camping stoves" made out of old aluminum budweiser bottles for $25 and they are buying them up like crazy lol. Some of those guys hire teams of people to follow them around in vans and trucks while they ride about 40 miles a day.Their "support crew" takes video and photos of them riding and eating at high end restaurants. At the end of the day (about 2 hours of riding) they park their bikes in the truck/van then sleep at a luxury hotel and then go back at their "adventure" the following day. Must be nice ha ha. That is their idea of roughing it!

The argument threads they get into make our oil threads arguments look like child's play!

What kills me is many of them are dumb as a stump. For example they put on Conti TKC80 knob tires to do a 8 days "road" ride, then complain about the tire! Well duh, get a really street tire! "I didn't got off road but I only got 4,000 out of the rear tire."

And you are correct, unlike the FZ1OA Forum, they are not cheap. Over on FZ1OA, "Well I have 31,000 miles on my chain and it looks fine to me." Did you check the wear of the sprockets?

Back to our regularly scheduled program....